0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 23-Feb-02  @  10:30 AM   -   who is the greatest DJ in da world?

DJ MEGAHEAD

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

OK OK APART FROM DJ MEGAHEADS AMAZING TALENTS AND ABILITIES IN HIS TRANCE MUSIC PRODUCTION WHO IS THE ILLEST DJ IN DA WORLD AND WHY

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/82                 Date: 17-Mar-02  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

hey dj

correction sometimes the dj plays his on cuts too ..:>

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/82                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Sorry, two records possibly beat-matched, and a few tricks with the crossfader, eq's and effects (if your mixer has it) does not a compostition make. There are exceptions, like Shortkut, or Rock Raida making entire compostions, using the turntable as a realtime sampler, but dude, get over it, and drop the ego. You are simply a gallery owner showing off others' art in a way that you find aestheticly pleasing. That's it. You're not even talking about collage pieces, you're talking about placement on the wall, and a change of lighting. It's like sex using a strap-on. You may be screwing, but you're using somebody else schwanz to do it. It doesn't make you a bad lover, but that's a casting of somebody else you're shoving around. That goes for the majority of DJ's.

The most insane part is the way the crowd sees it, and it's your responsibility to maintain that or dispell the myth. What are you gonna do about it?

Ape

Message 33/82                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

matt

Composition: The act of combining parts to form a whole, the resulting production or work.

ok- simple definition. I like to stay informed to the idea of my work as compost. This is what keeps me creative i guess. Things do get more intense when samplers and effects are added..thats anyones choice..

But sure there are those that live to be just a dj..(there choice)..maybe even call themselves dj showcase..er something like that..

oh where did my ego go.....

pongoid do you dj?

Message 34/82                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

matt

I must add..I am not so hardlined on this subject really.. I started spinning records 88'.. i got a perspective on things in my on way. I speak about it very little...

So here , oppurtunity to actually bring this in the open is cool..I have lost a lot (lot) of interest in spinning records..lately.

Message 35/82                 Date: 22-Mar-02  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

matt

no answer to my question oh well. i thought we could continue the debate. but really there was no debate to begin with, its really a bunch of ing nonsense anyways.

we should embrace everybody who supports the music ..and not single out shit, and not create diversions and so on its very narrowminded to do.. pretty sad..

its probable the economy putting us in bad moods..records sales are down,, and othermusic just closed it doors ..i am pissed..:>

Message 36/82                 Date: 22-Mar-02  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

influx

Link?:  Link

yeah, but when fucking DJs get the kind of attention they get nowadays, and KIDS STILL THINK THAT THEY ARE THE ONES MAKING THE MUSIC then there is a problem

and when kids go up to Pongoid, Mindspawn, or anyone else who is bouncing around in front of GEAR, NOT TURNTABLES, adn say "can you play a different record?" or "What record is that?" then they have just cause to be QUITE bitter.

personally, I would STOP my set.

Message 37/82                 Date: 22-Mar-02  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

bedwyr

you don't have to stop. just give them a 12 and get them to try and stick it in your sequencer.

which twelve?

Message 38/82                 Date: 23-Mar-02  @  02:43 AM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

matt

yeah,in regards to "kids seeing the dj as his music", unfortunately thats the way alot of clubbers see it.. i would have to say most.(my opinion anyways).

although..what about champs like jeff mills..who plays most of his records sometimes. On the upper scale maybe thats what we are trying to achieve.

one thing that did bother me is those djs making mix cds (with no tracks of there own).. and making money off other poeple. Though, after discussing this with some. the orinal owners of the tracks dont care. it is exposure for them! they get paid too. I think this is a good deal for the most part, not the best in vision. ?

but yes on the smaller level, raves etc, they dont have a clue half the time..worst, they don't care.

also, i think its hilarious when somebody asks me to play a request for them.. god damn it this is my performance! "i dont have michael jackson's beat it!"...

It's more disrepectful for the same to happen to a live performer..yes there are stupid people. but maybe they are new and wanna learn more, doubt it , but maybe.

Message 39/82                 Date: 23-Mar-02  @  03:39 AM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

dj?

Excuse me but wots a dj?

Message 40/82                 Date: 23-Mar-02  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

onemind

Its an ackronym (spelling?) such as F.B.I, or N.B.C. that stands for Dick Jerker.

With that it mind, I'll put MAGAHEADS question back up.

"OK OK APART FROM DJ MEGAHEADS AMAZING TALENTS AND ABILITIES IN HIS TRANCE MUSIC PRODUCTION WHO IS THE ILLEST DJ IN DA WORLD AND WHY"

hehehe, Sorry... I had to.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 82 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum