0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: yam 01v versus yam 03d

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 10-May-01  @  03:20 PM   -   yam 01v versus yam 03d

Johan_wuyts

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi there,

I am planning to buy a digital mixer for mixing synths, drums and samples. The digital inputs are not important for me. I can buy a used 03d for the same price as a new 01v.

I've heard that the fx is better on the 01v. And i know you can connect a mouse to the 03d for more ease in use. Does someone know the main differences between the 01v and the 03d?

Many thanks for any reply,

Grts, johan

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/45                 Date: 25-May-01  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

pali

I'm using and 01v with Adat into a rme hammerfall, now ladies and gentlemen that is the best soundcard plus breakout box solution for just over 1000 quid going!

cheers

pali

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/45                 Date: 25-May-01  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

Link?:  Link

I also use the RME Hammerfall. It's excellent.

Message 33/45                 Date: 25-May-01  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

fink

so what was the conclusion. yamaha 01v or yammy 03d?

Message 34/45                 Date: 25-May-01  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

pali

The conclusion is wait! if you can...

Yamaha are way behind the times with their mixers... no 96KHz/24bit, only 8in and out on the expansion cards basically theres a new generation of yamaha mixers around the corner. Which will of course blow away the 01v/02r/03d series so when they become available a nice tasty o2r (48KHz 24bit is sorted for everything but the most finicky analogue recordings) will be cheap as, rememember nothing depreciates in value like digital equipment.

Anyways for those who can't wait, 01v all the way.

mix automation is easily achieved using a cheap PC. which is less than the 03d 01v price difference. other than that theres not much difference really apart from the YGDAI expansion boards which are more expensive for the 03d. The only problem is the 01v Mlan option isn't out yet....

Cheers

pali

Message 35/45                 Date: 28-May-01  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

Johan_wuyts

I finally bought a 01v so for me its not important but this is what yamy said about the 'main' differences

- The 03d has a larger screen with a seperate RISK processor witch makes the responce on screen much faster. And you can connect a mouse

- On channel 17-24 the 01v is limited with 2-band EQ without dynamics and aux 3/4 sends. On the 03d there is full EQ with dynamics and aux sends. This is probably why the expansion cards are more expensive.

- The 03d has automation (like the 02r) and surround panning. And with an upgrade the 03d can process ESAMII video and edit system commands.

Greetings johan

Message 36/45                 Date: 28-May-01  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

infrasound

Link?: Link

the 01v has automation too, it just doesn`t have the built in automation sequencer. Hope you enjoy the new board anyway.

Message 37/45                 Date: 12-Jul-01  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

boldawn

I really need a new micer pronto, and the o1v really turns me on, however, I'm gonna need this thing to work in two configurations - one is where it's ADAT expanded, and the other is when it has some kind of an analog aux expansion (it has something like that, right ?) any way, the question is how easy it is to swap the exapnsion card ? is this sopmething that i can do, lets say, once a week with going mad ? can anyone think of an alternative ? (guidelines - need lots of aux sends, need ADAT connection)

-- bolDawn

Message 38/45                 Date: 12-Jul-01  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

You won't need any tools to swap the cards, if that's what you mean. I'd say you'll be able to do a swap in no more than two minutes with practice.

Message 39/45                 Date: 12-Jul-01  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

BTW, the 01v has four 'omni outs' which I think you might use as aux sends.

Message 40/45                 Date: 13-Jul-01  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

influx

and the expansion card doesnt add OUTS, just ins. you can get a TDIF card, ADAT, or 8 analog in 1/4" or 4 analog in XLR...

there are 4 omni outs. I use them as sends on my setup.

but if you had to switch..its VERY easy. dunno about the wear and tear, but

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum