0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Vocal samples?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 14-Jun-00  @  11:41 PM   -   Vocal samples?

nickdej

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Anybody know of any sites that have vocal samples(whole songs) on them? I currently need some lyrics to mix with a song.

~n

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/84                 Date: 12-Jul-00  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples?

damballah

Link?:  Link

Hey, guys, at the end of the day, do you wanna be the one who spoke up for what was right or do you wanna be the one who was complacent about bullshit?

Go back to the original post. I can't even IMAGINE that my lyrics are already pre-written, pre-sung and out there just waiting for me to download. When I work my stuff, I'm delving in self-expression and not trying to just crank out some DJ product. If you don't craft your stuff as art, it isn't gonna be art. Period.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/84                 Date: 12-Jul-00  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples?

swanofnever

just had to add:
why are you using vocs anyway? this is DANCE music, and cheesy house/hardcore aside, there's no need for vocals... all they do is ruin the abstract nature of the music and in turn add the same subjective overtones that've plagued music for the past few decades... i say unless it's not recongnizable as a human voice, don't use it cause it really breaks the feeling....
then again this is just my humble opinion, but really aside from a few good examples (i.e i think it's called "comin back"... crystal method anyway) all vocals do is prop up what would otherwise be a lame, repetitive track (firestarter)... i just personally love the fact that popular music's finally getting abstract again... and i hate lame throw-backs who need to have a "message" in their music. i've never understood dance vocals...

Message 33/84                 Date: 12-Jul-00  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples?

:)

y'all kick ass

pongoid & damballah do make art, i have heard at least 5 or 6 tracks out of each of them. not always was it as easily accessible as music that i would otherwise surround myself with (& often do) but that's probably just it then.

Message 34/84                 Date: 12-Jul-00  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Vocal samples?

siva

Link?:  Link

Trust me there is BAD ART! That love all attitude is just hippie nonsense. Anyway, using an entire vocal track is pretty lame, but you could cut it up and do a bunch of stuff with one I suppose. Did you want to remix a song?

I actually understand both sides to this argument.

Justin

Again, what the hell does all of this have to do with music theory???

Message 35/84                 Date: 12-Jul-00  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: Vocal samples?

krisgot

If you want to call dance music art, fine. But remember that dance music was invented by DJs for the sole purpose of making people lose it on the floor. Electronic music is art to some people, commercial pop to others. You said it yourself, Pongoid, the feeling of music is interpreted by each individual. I think that should be respected. The music of Westlife doesn't stir a lot of feelings in, me but seems to stir quite a bit in some nubile females around the planet. So is that art?

I have a day job. I can't play an instrument. I love music. I want to make some. I use a computer and synths. It's that simple. Now don't tell me I'm the only one here who fits that decsription.

Of course there's bad art. In order to have good art there's got to be some bad art too, right? Everybody thinks the music they are making is good art. So it's sad when people come in here and ask questions and they are met with bitterness and hosility. There's room for everybody. Pongoid, just relax, man. Get laid. It helps the creativity.

Message 36/84                 Date: 14-Jul-00  @  05:27 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples?

nickdej

Pongoid

I see your point of view, myself I do not claim substantial music talents, you probably know alot more than me on the subjest. I am like Krisgot, I make music because I love it.

And as for the whole vocal thing, I just wanted to try new technigues to make my music better.

And I remind you, the only person that judges my music creativity and technigues is me and my friends, not you.

Message 37/84                 Date: 14-Jul-00  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: Vocal samples?

casparproject

Link?: Link

Hmm, Krisgot. You're wrong. Dance music was not invented by DJ's. That's a very bold and ignorant statement, and you obviously know very little about the history of music if you think the first danceable electronic music was put together by DJ's.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 38/84                 Date: 15-Jul-00  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples?

jj

Pongoid oh pongoid, you are a prodigous typer, and it would be nice to participate in a dialog with you, but you must understand the medium is the message, and your medium here is word, and you use very many hateful words, your message boils down to hate, no matter your chivalrous intentions towards art's chastity.

I'd also recommend some classes on art theory starting around the beginning of the 1900's, as this seems to be where you lost the plot. Much interesting thought has happened since, and if you began to engage it, I'm sure your disposition would improve, along with the quality of your tracks.

No undue offense intended to you but I see you constructing mental barricades around yourself at all times, these barricades inhibit new thought from entering your person, which in turn, inhibits the outward flow of new thought. I know that you see your passion as your strong point, but really it comes across as insecurity. Seems as though that insecurity has got a hold of you my man, and won't let go. No manner of success in your music biz is going to assuage those feelings.

jj signing off:

begin barricade construction now! whoops, you've already started.

Message 39/84                 Date: 15-Jul-00  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples?

flipgibbs

Heh, i'm glad someone agrees with me. good point jj. frankly, i was too tired of hearing "I can't believe you're such a moron, ass!" to continue posting in this thread.  

peace.

Message 40/84                 Date: 16-Jul-00  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

jj,
Had a very good response for you, but just erased it all when I went to type a capital w and hit control by mistake, so your reply will have to wait, but to make a long story short, dude you've got me all wrong. No hate here, just frustration. Barriers? Discuss that later. Art theory classes? Time? Insecurity, less than you think and more than you know. Maybe you should come to the AMF and we'll talk about it all face to face. Properly. As for Warhols and wankers, fuck them and their excuses.

Ape

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 84 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum