0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: It never stops

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  04:14 AM   -   It never stops

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

How do you know when to stop ...I mean is a track really ever finished ...anyway here is the third edit of Iniquity.....Thanks ya'll for the help and advice.....I actually think this is done now but as usual coments and suggestions are apperciated.......The bass gets lost in the lofi so you'll have to take my word for it there is some serious bass in this version....I dig it
peace to you all
Yonce

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/39                 Date: 21-Sep-01  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: It never stops

influx

Link?:  Link

sorry sensoniq but I think youre overdoing it

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/39                 Date: 21-Sep-01  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: It never stops

steve

its just one of those things you get better at as you go along aint it? I dont really worry about stuff like that, my mixings still snide but its better than its ever been so I just keep doing what feels right and I progress.

Message 33/39                 Date: 21-Sep-01  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: It never stops

damballah

"Don't you all focus on one mix adjustment at a time per play?"

NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!

It's about establishing relationships between things. You can do this all at once or you can do it "foundation up". If you have, let's say, 16 tracks you're dealing with, it shouldn't take you 16 passes to get the volumes worked out, then another 16 for panning, then another 16 for eq, 16 for dynamics, on and on.

Message 34/39                 Date: 21-Sep-01  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: It never stops

xoxos

Link?: Link

why stress?

yes, and yes.

pe-rson-all-y, it is a pleasure to wallow in my creation. i've whipped tracks out in 24 minutes and not given an ass of thought to the mix (beyond actually raising the fader) the mix can be chaos abnd you add parts to it in that light. and i've spent huge amounts of time just listening to one sound and imagining that far-off headspace where the listener isolates it thru strange fixation.

and then sometimes it doesn't sound right w/o all the masking and mixing.

it's my bedroom, and i can do what i like   maybe i'm not mixing a song, but putting experiences into myself for my duty futurewise.

d - could see an end to my current incarnation soon. i promise you i'll make you glad you did it. i know, maybe you don't care but if you do, it's only a matter of the right time. i gotta be meeeee.

are you all just doing this so i'll write something? wanna build a clubhouse for when we're old and we can make secret pacts guys?

Message 35/39                 Date: 21-Sep-01  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: It never stops

Yonce N Mild

Actually somtimes it's a good idea to listen to each track individually in mono to make sure there are no pops clicks or humms that can add noise to or cloud up the mix of course this dosn't mean each track all the way through. For example if you have a loop you only have to listen to it once through but and evolving bass or synth line you should listen to by itself all the way through. I do this when I originally record a track that way I don't have to mess with it later

Message 36/39                 Date: 22-Sep-01  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: It never stops

sensoniq

Of course I mix every track in relation to each other...I agree relationships are key. It's just that I do one function at a time, that's how I work. But it doesn't mean that the panning on track one can't be synced to the volume on track 2 which directly corresponds to the inverse volume of track 6, etc., etc.

Message 37/39                 Date: 22-Sep-01  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: It never stops

influx

hehe and the square root of the hypoteneuse of the acute angle created by the division of track one into tracks 17 and 13, combined with the penumbra of the function of track 7 all add up to the overall gravitational arch of IO

Message 38/39                 Date: 23-Sep-01  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: It never stops

Sensoniq

What planet are you from, Mars? Everybody knows its the SQUARE ROOT of the overall gravitational arch of IO, not the arch itself.

Message 39/39                 Date: 23-Sep-01  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: It never stops

influx

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum