0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: enlightenment?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 14-Oct-02  @  03:10 PM   -   enlightenment?

Defector Z

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Okay - so with some elections coming up, of particular interest to me is the election for governor in my homestate of Taxachusetts, I decided it was time to check the candidates. Over the last couple of years here at DT, my awareness of the fundamental problems with our countries political situation has risen significantly. While still a supporter of my country and many of the positions it stands for, I have found myself increasingly abandoned by the mainstream parties. On many issues, I was represented by one party or the other, but as the years have gone by, the 2 major parties in the US have gotten closer and closer to each other. Kind of frightening. Not news to many of you here, but for me, changing my political views is a gradual process.

So this year I registered Libertarian, after voting for Nader last year. I'm not anti-big business, but I am anti-big business with its forays into politics. I also don't think zero state income tax is going to work either. So perhaps libertarian is not where it's at.

Soooo, my research came up with the green party. And this bit of information I found particularly interesting...

http://www.therealdifference.com/difference2.html

Perhaps I am Green, then? Jill Stein (candidate for governor in Taxachusetts) is on target, I think.

So for the other Americans around here, is there anyone willing to answer the questions "who are you voting for" and "why"?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/37                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: enlightenment?

milan

Link?: Link

schadensfreude

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/37                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: enlightenment?

cheddar

Cheers Milan, is that really the meaning of the word, and any ideas of other languages that have this word, or is it just the germaics that do this..-)

Message 33/37                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  11:28 AM     Edit: 17-Oct-02  |  11:29 AM   -   RE: enlightenment?

milan

yes, it means precisely that: schade- damage, harm, etc... and freude- joy. eg, joy due to someones loss.

i´ve heard phrases in some other languages which mean this, but i know of no other -words- used to describe this so nicely  

oh btw cheddar, was it you who sent me an email some time ago?

Message 34/37                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: enlightenment?

cheddar's answering service

Link?:  No link

yes,

you were sorry about something that was funny cos you thought / wanted? a thing which you thought wasn't true but I think it is. Mystery guest star

Message 35/37                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: enlightenment?

milan

huh? you thought i was taking the piss out of you, whereas i thought it was you who was taking the piss, so then i thought it was due to you not being a native english speaker and now you wanna tell me you are? are you taking the piss mate?  

thats an awfull lot of yellow liquid in a single sentence!

Message 36/37                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: enlightenment?

cheddar

funny isn't it))

Message 37/37                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: enlightenment?

xoxos

if i kick you in the nuts, well, i'm going to kick you in the nuts. you can sort it out for yourself.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum