0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Please critique my new track

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 25-Sep-01  @  01:54 AM   -   Please critique my new track

Sensoniq

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I'm looking for some feedback on my newest tune, "Day Turns Into Night."...Especially regarding the arrangement and whether the vocoded vocals should come in sooner...Also what genre would you label it? Thanks very much for your help

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/37                 Date: 04-Oct-01  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: Please critique my new track

Sensoniq

Link?: Link

I could swear that sometimes I have to set the audio track delay to a positive value and other times to a negative value...But now I'm worried that could just be my perception? Now that I know how to test the latency definitively I guess there's only one way to find out...

You hit the nail on the head, man...Writing new tracks makes me very happy; working on pre-existing tracks does not. It's like the excitement of what I'm gonna think of next is too irresistible to bother with anything else, know what I mean?

But, creativity does come in spurts and I seem to be on a plateau ever since the WTC...although I'm sure the trough is not far down the road...When it arrives I hope to still have all my original files cause that'll be the down time to work on them

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/37                 Date: 04-Oct-01  @  03:16 AM   -   RE: Please critique my new track

damballah

hey, sensi, you on a mac or a pc?

Message 33/37                 Date: 04-Oct-01  @  03:31 AM   -   RE: Please critique my new track

Sensoniq

PC...500 mhz PIII w/ creamware pulsar

Message 34/37                 Date: 04-Oct-01  @  03:54 AM   -   RE: Please critique my new track

damballah

ok, you should be able to go into your asio multimedia setup that you ran when you first installed it, click advanced. You'll see a column for your setup that'll tell you the buffer size in samples, say XXX samples (write it down). Now launch Cubase, go to options menu, audio setup, system. In the lower left, there's midi to audio delay. Set that to -XXX samples (the number you got from your setup). click ok. to test it take a 4/4 kick pattern and copy it to both a midi track and a vst instrument track (you have lm9 or some soft drum smapler, right?). they should now sound in unison with no flamming. that way you shouldn't have to fool with individual track delays.

Message 35/37                 Date: 04-Oct-01  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Please critique my new track

Jasper

Link?:  No link

I really like this, it's got a nice sort of breathing feel to it.

Message 36/37                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: Please critique my new track

monkeyboy

i have to agree this tune does sound a little dated, but so fuckin what? superbly arranged imo, great fun...definate reggae groove going on...reminded me a bit of black uhuru stuff. the name kind of fits too. i rate the vocoder at the end. keep up the good work=)

Message 37/37                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Please critique my new track

Sensoniq

Thanks guys, when I'm writing tunes sometimes I get a little frustrated that I don't have any artists to really compare it too (not sure who it will appeal to), but at least you guys like it...That definitely helps keep me chuggin on...Aww group hug eww just kidin' ;)

damballah thnx for the track delay advice -- I'm gonna go test it now then start a new tune and hopefully not have to worry about setting those damn track delays!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum