0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Smapler poll

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  09:40 PM   -   Smapler poll

99devils

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I was curious as to what kind of samplers everyone is using, and how they're spec'd.. I thought it might be nice for everyone to post their sampler, if nothing else than to make it easyto find others who have the same thing if you have any questions or problems.

I'm using an Akai S6000 studio, 128 voice, 16 out w/FX, 72MB of RAM, and a 4GB hard disk. I'm looking to get the Ak.Sys USB connector for it soon too.

Previously, I used a bone-stock S2000 with 2 outs, 32MB RAM and a zip drive.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/31                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Brett B

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

E4 128mgs, internal 500mb scsi HD perfect for using "Disk to CD" to make back ups. yes the filters are why i bought it. I can multi-sample an analog every 3rd note and you can't tell it's a sampler playing a riff. It was cunbersom to learn the os though as stated. I find softsamplers to be much easier to use and faster to demo sounds. I need to check this exs24 thing out. I am getting a mac w/PT mix24 on it and was thinking of turning this box into a giga studio and selling the E4.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum