0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 15-Sep-04  @  08:38 PM   -   subwoofer: more problems than good?

Influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hey all. Im in the middle of another fucking MOVE...seems like I should be paid as an expert for this shit

anyway...Ive got a Tannoy PS110b subwoofer, and...Im considering selling it. I could use the $250 or so I could get for it, and...the last place I lived I had a room setup for my studio, with the sub in there, and, to be honest...the mixes I did there ended up coming out bass light!

Ive read that a subwoofer can actually cause more problems than it alleviates...if the room isnt correct?

what i liked though was the high pass feature...go through it to my KRK V6s and suddenly they sound more open, and are able to go a bit louder due to not having to handle low frequencies...

so...sell it or keep it?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/30                 Date: 18-Sep-04  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Influx

Link?: Link

yeah...youre kinda on the same page I am on all fronts 

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/30                 Date: 20-Sep-04  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Pongoid

If it's fixed then shitcan it. It's not meant to work with anything but what it's spec'd for. Get a different sub, one that's crossover, level and phase adjustable.

Ape

Message 23/30                 Date: 21-Sep-04  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Influx

well, I can adjust the frequency that the sub transmits, but if I go _through_ it, the output to the nearfields is highpassed at 80hz

BUT...I believe i can set it at all-pass as well...

anyway...probably needin money more and more, so thats gonna be the main factor

Message 24/30                 Date: 21-Sep-04  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Dominic

Link?:  No link

Pongoid, what exactly is spaz.com? It is quite possibley the most bizarre website I have ever seen. In a good way though.

Message 25/30                 Date: 29-Sep-04  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Lloyd Duddley

So you're telling me that you mix to a surround configuration when probably 92%+ people that listen to records listen on shitty systems that have speakers capable of handling a dynamic range of about 1dB Great idea matey

Message 26/30                 Date: 29-Sep-04  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

beds

Link?:  Link

err. no i don't think so.

using a subwoofer isn't the same as mixing in surround.

Message 27/30                 Date: 29-Sep-04  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Influx

yeah Lloyd...get your facts straight before talkin shit. good idea? Yeah, probably

Message 28/30                 Date: 29-Sep-04  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

milan

and whats surround and dynamic range got to do with anything?

Message 29/30                 Date: 29-Sep-04  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Lloyd Duddley

Ok I think I misinterrpreted it. I thought thought u were mixing in 5.1. Apologies.

Message 30/30                 Date: 01-Oct-04  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Pongoid

And what's all this about a +-1db accurate system? Think you've got some threads mixed up, Lloyd. Hold up on the stimulants, eh?

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 30 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum