0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: No Smoking?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  06:38 PM   -   No Smoking?

Zazza

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Apparently, on the Brighton to London line, where the trains are 'NON-SMOKING', the commuters have taken over a carriage and smoke al lthe way from Brighton to London.

This has been going on for a couple of years, and apparently if the guards try to tell them to stop smoking they just get told to fuck off..

heh

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  11:41 PM     Edit: 11-Dec-02  |  11:42 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

Mindspawn

Link?: Link

ANYONE who drives a car or uses electricity from a major power corp really has little reason to complain about smokers. What you do to everyone's environment in a single day is far worse than what a legion of smokers can do in a lifetime. It's all pollution, just on different scales...

I've always had an on again off again relationship with nicotine, one which is currently off, and in general I dunna have a problem with "smoking areas." An' yeah, smoking is bad, but it doesn't even come close to the damage done by power plants and cars. And for those who say a car/electrical power is necessary, why?

Personally, I dunna care if we all get black lung, things are as they are. Bring on the industrial waste, the acid rain, and make sure to keep watering yer lawn cos we want to look good as we all waste our resources... Trust me, in the end it'll all sort out just fine...

I for one...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

influx

Link?:  Link

I should repeat that Im not talking about "pollution" in the sense of making the air worse than it already is. I just dont want to have to breathe condensed smoke every time I want to go to a bar, etc.

my only point was that the requirement that people not smoke in close public places is fair IMO.

Message 23/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  11:59 PM     Edit: 12-Dec-02  |  12:00 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

Mindspawn

Influx - I ain't ragging on you, me friend, not a whit.... But by the same token, I could say the same about not wanting to breathe the crap I breathe when I walk outside... It is about pollution, whether micro oor macro, in one fashion or other... Seriously though, I AM NOT bustin' yer chops, just spewing off....=)

As for not smoking in closed public places, I follow whatever society dictates... I do admit I thought it most amusing that when I was in Holland, the non-smoking areas were these little pariah-like areas, usually filled with Americans...

Although, honestly Influx, I don't feel right in a bar without it being properly smoky, whether or not I'm actually smoking...

Message 24/67                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

errata

I do not see a connection between a social problem like environmental polution and a personal issue like an as*hole smoker being completely inconsiderate of the people around them. Smoking in an enclosed spaced is rude and obnoxious.

I'm not arguing that this environmental polution arguement isn't valid. I just think it's a different thing entirely. Like saying people who take baths support the bathtub industry and more people hurt themselves in the tub than anywhere else, so bathtakers have no right to complain about people who bludgeon others with baseball bats.

e

Message 25/67                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

k

yeah yeah.. you see your logic is bullcrap - you just cant ADMIT the air in the street and the air wafting into your home isnt poisoning your kid, and you probably will feed it on loads of cereal all it's life with milk and sugar too which is rammed with hormones and antibiotics and other animal drugs & shit... like i said, it's EASIER to just talke it out on smokers... urg! we see smoke, we smell smoke...etc" - I must say tho - cigarettes reek nowadsys, rollups or pipes or gigars or whatever are ok tho...

whatever, I'd agree for the smell, not any potential damage - that's western hysteria, keep you buying more crap to flush down the rivers and streams then you're wingin about the welfare of your kids... it's bollox & we all know it and should just groiwup and admit it and fling this crappy psuedo sceientific cobblers about..

Look you can smoke in the bank or wherever in Spain, they are civilised people.. It's a cool place, people are relaxed... no-ones uptight.

and I too welcome our super-bacteria overlords

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 26/67                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

deffinately

just a quick stone rose mention - second coming, the who

was down a gentlemans mine once, SA - huge country, but i forgot my cigarettes...I dream of a lift in California...anywhere...

Hey airplanes with relaxed hostesses

When it comes to cars, really 4 star near the playground...hmmm.

and really who is giving a fk, cities getting bigger maybe that what it is that makes them there

what do you want to do and what do i need to care about it, f all i say... take the assesment. and get an o level for passing in front..., know nothing me

Message 27/67                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  01:09 AM     Edit: 12-Dec-02  |  01:10 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

Mindspawn

Well for me, the folks who drive/use electric are just as obnoxious and just as much an arsehole as smokers. You dunna like smoking that's fine by me. However, no point in trying to convince you that the two are the same if you don't want to believe that....

Message 28/67                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  01:10 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

k

you guys need to relax - who the fuck wants to live in a world like that full of cretinous uptight self absorbed people who want to live forver.. bunch of loons.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 29/67                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

errata

Maybe my lifestyle isn't too evident around here. And it seems Awfully honest of you to make such suppositions...

Much respect all around to everyone here, but just don't smoke in my face or around my kid... I don't personaly have an issue with 2nd hand smoke. I smoked for 10 years... Don't want to be all high and mighty, do as you please... just don't do it to those who would prefer you didn't!

BTW... I'm a big Fuggin hippie!!! I only drive when I leave town or have to take the kids a long way... I bike otherwise, or walk! I buy only organics and feed my children accordingly. The Organic cereal they eat is sweetened with fruit juisce, and the milk they drink is hormone free! The only hormones that get inot my family's food get there through cross pollination... unless I grow my own that's a fact of life, and I haven't the time or know how to do it! I DO still suck on the tit of corporate power but the dark ages are still a bit rough for this tender ass... however I am diligently (honest) working toward solar panels so that I can ween myself from that one as well!!! SEE, I'm a big FAT HIPPIE, that would like smokers to stop smoking around people who don't want to inhale smoke... "Is that so wrong" hehehehe

None of the above was intended to make myself feel special, BTW... it was in answer to the scathing indictment leveld at me for prefering good health to sickness...

e

Message 30/67                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

influx

MS I know you werent diggin at me.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 67 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum