0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: an announcement - read

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  11:09 PM   -   an announcement - read

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

can we please stop responding to the baiting of trolls like GT & loopy - it's (as they want) creating negative energy on the site.

if you ignore them they'll go away - they just are a couple of young guys getting a kick out of taking the piss and watching the reaction.

ignore please.

if a decent conversation entails over various issues of this nature then fine... but dont respond to 'troll inserts' or troll started threads.

let's all chill and make some good vibes i suggest.

Every little helps, as ASDA would say, and this trolling and the vibe it's making is really wearing on me, I dunno about you.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

Link?:  No link

look again I'll say - if someone wants to come on the board and says: Look, this and that because here's the evidence or here's the constructed argument etc - then fine... you CAN have a hot discussion WITH legitamate points being raised, evidence, examples etc... all I'm saying is lets less-it with the wind-ups... Loopy made some dumb remarks about ireland in another thread for example... well they weren't reasonably constructed arguments, it was just stuff that 'could' be inflamatory to someone reading the forum.... that's all I'm saying.

debate is ok, who the hell is saying otherwise?

But OBVIOUSLY if someone appears posting words that (in a nutshell) "the irish are pathetic if they get pissed off over some skirmish that happend a few hundred years ago" - that is obviously a stupid statement with no basis in reality or history..

that's what I mean - But IF loopy wants to come and say... "Blah blah, yes, sure what happened was shitty, BUT..." - and make a reasonable proposition about the present situation, then fine...

It's just the dumb inflammatory stuff which might offend readers.... y'know there is already some irish/celtic readers on this site, never mind those people we never see who read/lurk so have some consideration - no-one would be so crass to appear here saying the haulocaust was 'overblown' and jewish people are just whining and bitter overall as a people...

why should we accept the same type of sentiment regarding any other people?

I ALSO dont like the suggestion (which is more stereotyping) that anyone who suggests that historicaly there was a wrongdoing or NOW there is wrongdoing ALSO is 'bitter and hateful' and wants to kill people or supports the killing of innocent people today - that's rubbish, but at the same time you'd be insulting those people to try to 'rubbish' an aspect of their collective history.

I used the example about the holocaust because it is quite inflamatory & rubs home the point I'm making... people react to that...They find a comparision drawn between that example and their statements is tasteless, but why?... it's the same thing for the irish or the africans... and if it comes to that, so it was for everyone, cos we all were on the receiving end at some point.

So, to repeat again.. IF someone here thinks differently, fine, bring some cohesive arguement to refute that or to prove your point, something tangible. But you cant just blast in with some crass generalisations and not expect that to be taken as insulting to some people.

That's all I'm saying - trying to be reasonable.

We're not children here, surely we can be a bit intelligent? - why?

I tell you why exactly - I was at Sonic State one day and there was a big 'hip-hop' discussion thread.... inside the thread it had descended into a row - a bunch of young dumb US white boys were trying to persuade the rest of the group that 'black' people were 'whining about the past', this group within the thread was suggesting there was no slavery issues in the past, and it was that sort of vibe, and it descended into this pathetic rubbish of cliche's and stereotyping...

I just was put right off the site, I thought, "Well that i dont want to converse with people who think like that"

and I've never been back. It didn't matter to me that these people were a minority in the thread, it just was unhappy to rewad and brought home to me each time that the world is still full of dangerous ill-informed right-wing boys who will grow to be potentialy dangerous right-wing men... so i dont care if it was justa a few guys, i dont want to mix with that vibe.

Y'know, it puts people off, it insults people. i dont want that for the site here is all I'm saying.

People dont think if it doesnt effect them... they see it as some game of intellectual bantering & pure theory.

But mebbe their kids dont come hom in tears cos at school the teacher said: "I know what 'you people' are like", when disciplining some black kids in the class...

y'know that is TODAY, IN OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM for s sake... or mebbe your wife/GF doesn't get assaulted in public, on a bus at the end of the street she lives in by some old nazi man, or your kid doesnt come home in a state cos he was pinned face-first into a brick wall in broad daylight in front of everyone on his local hight street where everyone knows him at the age of 11 (yes ELEVEN!!) by 3 fully grown adult policemen etc etc - or your kid comes home in tears cos he saw a stabbing at school during a fight between 4 kids over some out of school issue, and then shaken already he turns on the Tv and see's the London news report: "a gang of 50 black youths...blah blah, stabbing... blah blah" - which was not what he saw with his own eyes.

so dont tell me this shit is gone away. Being sensitive to that would be good as a starter mebbe. But that sort of crass denial that these events happen, and the painting of people who claim they do as somehow 'bitter and twisted' is right out of order.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

BJT

Dragging a line behind a boat is trawling innit?

Message 23/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

"but i thought it was about teaching each other about personal experiences, which formulate new opinions and perspectives, empathetic or sympathetic"

well what's your 'personal experience' of this then GT? - I'm still waiting to hear that. Like you say, we CAN learn from that something mebbe?

tell me... Did some armed gov't agents come to your church and drag your pastor away? - or come into your community and drag off some people you knew? to hold them indefinatly without trial??... did your family get attacked or insulted by a 3rd party on the basis of race or religion recently? - were you or your family attacked by muslims or 'bitter' black people recently?

tell us please your 'personal experience' cos I'm keen to learn what you mean.

Message 24/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

"So pull out the protestants then, give Ireland back to the catholics and ship all the Irish from Britan back to Ireland then eh? Then withdraw any trade agreements and government help? All because of a skirmish back in the days of James6th/1st? It makes me laugh when all this crap gets bandied about, like black people going on about slavery - duh ancient history (cue some dickwad saying that slavery still exists) if you really feel that strongly about all this crap then don't buy anything German, Japanese, Vietnamise etc etc. MOVE ON."

Thats the sort of thing I mean from Loopy that is just so crass it's ludicrous.

"duh ancient history " - ANCIENT HISTORY!!... that's odd cos when i was a kid they had to live in a segregated society with different bus seats, drinking fountains, schools, colleges, toilets, ghettos etc... when we turned on the Tv we just saw them being beaten to shit by guys with huge clubs...

ing idiot.

Message 25/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

to put this in perspective loopy - please read my reply in the thread: 'human rights watch'

Message 26/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

loopy

Well first let me explain, those comments were made to be sarcastic (which was probably wrong) they were not intended to be taken seriously due to the crude way they were written. I was trying to make a point by "glossing over" the issues and coming to a ridiculous "solution". If ppl read the whole posts and make comments about the points raised (no matter how they are written) it would be plainly clear that they were written with a degree of sarcasm, but the points made were with good intent. I really could bring loads of my personal experiences of racism and general thuggery to the fore and be bitter about it, but I choose to try and view the bigger picture without dwelling on things. Hope this explains a bit better (I'm not a Historian or a Writer or even well "educated") I just try and air my views, and thats all they are.

Message 27/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

well blimey man, perhaps it's not a good idea to be sarcy about it?... it might be your way to deal with it, but... anyways cheers for making it clear.

Message 28/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

psylichon

Link?: Link

one thing that is sure is we're not all master debaters (huh huh, heh heh). we're not all going to express our ideas with the utmost of clarity and sensitivity to others at all times. when most people debate on here, I'm willing to bet they're writing out their ideas for the first time (i know i am). Can't expect them to get it right and do it all nicely and such, especially when we talk about such juicy subjects.

I think no matter how crass a thread starts, the more we lay in and try to 'correct' the viewpoint, the more refined and intelligable the original argument becomes. we help each other to become better debaters. If we respond with name-calling and hot heads, we'll get that in return.

I can't speak for the race thing. It's a whole 'nother world from where I'm at, and I can respect your feelings. I just don't think gt and loopy were playing it like that.

psylichon

Message 29/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

i'm a natural entity, gt, and in the natural world, respect isn't as meaningless a term as the cuisinart of modern human culture tries to make it out to be.

in the natural world, you demonstrate respect for me by staying THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY, CLEAR?

that's evident to any natural creature.

now you christian robot shits of existence don't respect a fucking thing. your policy, programmed by your controller, is simply not to respect anyone or anything, but to go to it and include it, homogenise it.

you and your fucking fig tree are programmed to go out and involve it, convert it, conquer it, or destroy it (fig tree.) you think you're fucking saving the world by giving it a greater grace, but you're just robots of some power shit and a fucking a pain in the ass, you know that? do you know that, you idiot?

now i dsaid it jsut over there. i'm big, you're gonig to be wearing that arm.

you don't respect k, you don't respect me (i'm obviously not interested in pedantic rhetoric for the sake of provocation) you don't even respect your own dialogue (or you'd be absent as promised/threatened) you're not worth saying anything to, because you think it's all just a joy to say whatever you like if you think it will generate a response. guess what? fucking making somebody react isn't an argument, or a debate, nor is it clever. and child of any species on this earth knows how it works.

as far as i'm concerned, it's simple: there are a collection of free beings here, who recognise that we are free beings in light of global slaver situation with you and your little institution, we treat each other with respect.

you, on the other hand, are a robot shitling of your lords and a betrayer of the mind, and in this forum, as far as i am concerned, you deserve nothing but a constant rain of sewage, and no right to return. you need a glass rod shattered in your eurethra. you need to get tiger striped and tossed in alcohol and lain in a bed of liver flukes for good measure. your ideology is garbage, and you don't need any respect. all you need, gt, is extermination. outright.

Message 30/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  08:07 PM     Edit: 05-Nov-02  |  08:08 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

psylichon

"let's all chill and make some good vibes i suggest." -k

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 83 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum