0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: guns

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15

Original Message                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  04:59 AM   -   guns

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Just saw a trailer for Michael Moore's new movie "Bowling for Columbine." It's all about guns in America and it got me thinking. Why are guns such a problem in America? How 'sacred' is the second amendment?

Personally, I don't think guns serve any purpose but to kill. You can target shoot without lethal potential and you can kill animals without firepower. I don't like the government telling us what we can and cannot own, but I really don't see the need for guns in any society.

I'm curious what you guys think. Do we need guns? Would it make a noticeable social impact to outlaw guns? I think it may... more than waiting for the average American psyche to evolve.

Quoting Linda Richomond, "Twalk amongst yahselves"

I love the smell of stirred shit.

psylichon

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/147                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: guns

errata

Link?:  No link

Hehehehe... I thought that might be the case. No worries, now that I know I've not completely lost my mind!!!

e

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/147                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: guns

cheddar

this looks like an American thing. NA Points:

It's always raped tortured excuse in the example, why can't a big guy be stealing your car, or asking you the time when your f*ked up on injectables or you've just shot someone else and you still have one in the pipe.

Pro gun people are animals WITH guns, which in todays world means that i must respect you

UK police are the most respected in Europe (ref somewhere)

If you have a gun in the house then the gun would quickly become 'the only option'. Like you try the baseball bat and that don't work so you call time to get the gun.

HAving said that I have no history with guns. But I have felt fear when investigating some noise in the house at 4am. And this whole argument falls to pieces if the survivalists were right.

pongoid shout for nukes, etc etc - dangerous talk is sexy. There was some reportage here from the early days of 9/11 that 3k jewish people didnt turn up for work turn up for work that day. Roy Orbison RArrrr

Message 23/147                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: guns

psylichon

Link?: Link

And for the record, I don't believe the US government has resorted to street sniping to encourage its policies. I know they do horrible things that we don't know about, but a national story like the sniper just doesn't seem their style.

Just like those who believe that Bush wants to go to war JUST for political reasons. He would need to be an evil evil evil man to put so many lives on the line for his career and personal interests. While those things may cloud his judgement no doubt, it's naive and simplistic to think those are his only decision-making influences. He may be a stupid stupid stupid man and, yes, perhaps a little self-preoccupied. But think about what you're implying by saying that he would put lives of innocent soldiers at risk for nothing but his own benefit. Do you really believe that?

Just think about your conspiracy theories for a second.

psylichon

Message 24/147                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: guns

Zazza

psylichon: 'But think about what you're implying by saying that he would put lives of innocent soldiers at risk for nothing but his own benefit. Do you really believe that'

A: It's not George, read Project for the New American Century.. it's cheney, rumsfeld et al

B: Yes, I really do believe that these guys are capable of whatever it takes, and that includes sacrificing as many americans as it takes, just read your history!

and good morning 

Message 25/147                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: guns

psylichon

ok, so there's no problem with Iraq then, it's all political.

Look, I don't want to go to war nor do I think we should, but it's STUPID to think that the US policy has no foundation AT ALL in Iraq's actions. Just admit there are many facets to this issue and it's not just political and I'll be happy.

And good morning to you, too   I still haven't slept....

psylichon

Message 26/147                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: guns

Zazza

Mid-East oil 'too costly' for Europe

Well, the US and the UK need to control the middle east. The biggest threat at the moment to that control is Sadaam Hussein. Why are we threatening to invade? It is certainly NOT because he is a nasty dictator. There's a list as long as your arm of nasty dictators, a fair few of them installed, supported and armed by the US.

It's purely about power. And oil is power. Why are france and russia not interested in invading Iraq? Because Saddam gave a huge bunch of oil related contracts to them and they don't want to see their $multi-billion disappear into the hands of haliburton etc.

The link above is a very good article from Peter Hain (Europe Minister in the UK Government) about our dependency on oil from the middle east and why we need to get out from under because it neccessitates our continual involvement in the region and generates the resentment and hate that fuels the terrorists cause.

Message 27/147                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: guns

cheddar

For the record I do not believe that any wrong doing is occuring with our betters.

Whats that thing xoxos says about insects...

Message 28/147                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  10:27 AM   -   RE: guns

Zazza

Link?:  No link

I for one welcome our (insert dominant party's name here) overlords.

Great people the romans!

Message 29/147                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: guns

psylichon

Is this mic on?

I'm not denying anything that you're saying. I'm aware of those issues. I'm just saying it's not a black and white issue.

Please tell me you can admit this much. If not, I call you fanatical.

psylichon

Message 30/147                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: guns

CHEDDAR

Where does the thought/action of a single person or group become merged into that grey. And more precisly can we back track to certain persons or groups to identify that though or action and then make judgement upon it's motivation.

I just re-typed 'person' over 'man'. Maybee we need some women in charge..?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15

There are 147 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum