0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Live sets

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 06-Jul-02  @  08:00 PM   -   Live sets

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Two different sets up on my page for DL now, for those who light be interested.

http://www.1537paperstreet.com/pongoid.htm

Enjoy. Lemme know what you think. Please keep in mind that these were recorded LIVE, not in the studio, but at parties, glitches and moments included.

Ape

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/43                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: Live sets

xoxos

Link?: Link

winamp?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/43                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: Live sets

k

yes it streams, er.. I do know how to stream a url, BUT it's too high bandwidth for my dsl to deal with it & keeps on rebuffering every few seconds

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 23/43                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: Live sets

dissonance

well, I'm sorry to see that you have the crappy connection. It does stream though.

dissonance

Message 24/43                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: Live sets

knowa

I d/l'd the Trap Door...you sure got a lot o bass. props for the throbbing thickness in the low end.

Message 25/43                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: Live sets

k

yeah but we aint all in america, some of us are grabbing the feed over multiple international hops -

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 26/43                 Date: 15-Jul-02  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: Live sets

errata

Link?:  No link

I just listened to the TrapDoor set. I didn't know you were a 4 on the floor kinda guy. Last track I heard from you was very breaky, that must've been 2 years ago. I'm doing hard trance now (never in my wildest dreams 3 years ago), so I should learn not to expect...hehehehe!

Anyway, nice set of trax! I like the way you keep it moving all the way through. The little noodly track around 32 minutes was easily my favorite. Very COOL, you've got a knack for keeping what could be stale very interesting!

One thing though, I downloaded (not streamed) and there are several points where the volume fades down quite a bit! Sometimes this happens near where I'd say you moved on to another track. Do you volume fade between trax? (shrug)

All that said, you've given me a bug. I recorded a set we played on Saturday night at a campout! I think I'll post it up and see what y'all think. (Those not challenged by the limits of technology, that is)!  

e

Message 27/43                 Date: 16-Jul-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: Live sets

k

you know it amazes me all this chat about 'ground-level activity' then you expect only wealthy people to be able to listen to your set... that sucks badly - why the fuck cant you encode it to a decent streaming freindly rate or is that just tooooo much bother ?

it doesnt stream mate on my braodband end of story - it might if you live down the road a bit but I cant do it in the uk.

Message 28/43                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Live sets

Pongoid

K, you could DL it if you had the patience, as could ANYBODY.

Volume drops were caused by my having to lower the volume as one of the club owners was bitching. Reaities of live sets sometimes. It's not that I didn't want to correct these things, but that's just not how the set went down, and I wanted to preserve that aspect as well. That's one of the resaons I was so reluctant to put it up in the first place. Then I figured "fuck it".

Ape

Message 29/43                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: Live sets

errata

Link?:  No link

yeah, I know how that shit is... I honestly didn't expect that you'd volume fade between trax.

I think that "imperfections" like that in a mix make it better, or maybe... "truer" if that's not too tacky!

Nice set though!

e

Message 30/43                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: Live sets

bedwyr

"you could DL it if you had the patience, as could ANYBODY"

dial up costs money, and hogs your phone line. how many people do you want to be able to hear your music?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum