0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++chartvote updated++

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 25-May-02  @  12:13 PM   -   ++chartvote updated++

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

ok ahem... you'll notice the frontpage chart has suddenly changed a bit, i fixed it - sorry it took time, but other stuff has been more important... anyways i sat down this morning with a a quality bazooka and spent a few hours trying to re-write the query & cracked it finaly by luck - it was a very complicated sql query for me at least anyways - to join 3 tables, count & total the totalvotes per listed unique track_id but only within a certain date range & group all included output columns ordered by counted totalvotes per id number... g-gulp!

anyways it's sorted & yes, KIKI is still at the top, but that is because it IS actualy getting regular votes every day, but without giving away the figures it'll only take a few extra votes cast for one of it's challengers to knock it off the top now.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

Link?:  No link

wow, that track has accrued that much votes in a day?  

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Maarten

You'll probably track those votes back to a lil flat country with windmills, hookers, tulips and weed to spare.  

Message 23/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Maarten

Ack!

Message 24/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

damballah

Link?: Link

wooden shoes?

Message 25/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Maarten

Not exactly, I listened.... ;)

Message 26/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

more updates

I've added now a tracker which checks BEFORE each vote and enters it's PREVIOUS position BEFORE the next vote.

it needs a few days or more to get some data in as votes are added, but after that we can add a nifty thing showing tracks going UP or DOWN or just staying where they are...

hey we can even add one of those 'I'm on fire!!' animated flaming things to shows tracks moving up the chart fast!!....... er... or something...

*yawn*  

anyways i might add a CHART DETAIL link so you can open up a full-page detail chart showing all data...

oh well... enjoy..

Message 27/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

oh, I only added it so far to the TRACK DETAIL page in the music search section & linked from frontpage, NOT to vote-engine in the TRACK DETAIL page in the forums. Let's see if it works first  

Message 28/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

sitar

Wish you had loaded the flaming last week. I don't know where they all came from but I had a lot of votes. The only problem with the flame idea is it would be so tempting to rack up votes for myself just to see the flame next to my tracks.

Message 29/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

damballah

or you could just stick the flaming icon next to gay diva house tracks, hehehe. ;)

Maarten, I meant wooden shoes in the land of windmills, tulips, hookers and hash. Anyway, off to vote "Psycho_Toddler" to the top.  

Message 30/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

xoxos

flames are tough, but for all your 3d modeling and now introducing 3d animation (err.. barring atmospheric media..) you let me know what you want, and it's yours, eh? top cat.

(i promise i won't talk like that any more)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 42 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum