0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 02-May-02  @  05:27 PM   -   Supernova2 V2 Software?

Pure Phase

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Wasnt there supposed to a new operating system for the Supernova II , version 2.0 ? I think it was due out yesterday?
Anyone heard anything?
Cheers

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/57                 Date: 11-May-02  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitarsong

Link?: Link

Hey Nick. When you say the new soundset will load into the Supernova and Nova with some limitations. Do you mean the SN 1 and Nova 1? Or do you mean the SN 2 and Nova 2, the limitations being until the new OS is loaded. I'm asking because I have a Supernova 1. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/57                 Date: 11-May-02  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

me too!.... hey I'm coming to visit Novation soon anyways.... the truck is out of operation for the MOT right now tho!.... mebbe I can be the new Novation Tea-lady?.... and have a nice tea-trolly & cakes & wagon-wheels?  

Message 23/57                 Date: 11-May-02  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Starsong,

I think all soundsets will load onto all machines but some may not sound as intended because of differences in OS, effects, FM settings etc...

Regards

M

Message 24/57                 Date: 11-May-02  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Cyrex / FMC

Kinetik, I really hate asking this because you guys are already working your asses off, but can we expect new osc waveforms in the future?

I was hoping that OS 2.0 would make the K-station and Supernova 2 more compatible, so I can exchange patches with a friend of mine...

Message 25/57                 Date: 12-May-02  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Kinetik

As far as I'm aware, there are no plans to release further upgrades after SN II OS 2.0 (in the forseeable future), so I'd say further Osc waves & filter types are pretty unlikely.

Message 26/57                 Date: 12-May-02  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

nickb

Link?:  Link

Dear All,

the OS2 file for the Supernova II Keyboard is now online. It is present as one zip file which has the os.mid, each soundbank.mid and a detailed readme pdf which has all the necessary info included - how to backup / verify / load and all the information on the new features.

This zip file was made on a PC and has been put up under a PC compatible icon. If anyone has a Supernova II Keyboard and are using a MAC, try installing from this zip file if possible. A StuffIt file will be made next week for full MAC compatibilty.

The rack II OS will follow over the next few days which will then be followed by the Nova II Keyboard OS.

Best regards,

Nick Bookman.

Message 27/57                 Date: 12-May-02  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

chris

Shame about the lack of new OSC types - especially since Phil asked us ages ago (back when OS1.4 was new) what new features we'd like to see in the OSC section.

Looking forward to see what new features we do get though.

Top of my wish list would be the ability to use the outputs as effects sends, which would mean for example I'd use the main pair for all/most sounds but be able to send a configurable amount to the second pair which would be routed to my Lexicon MPX500 ('cos not surprisingley, I reckon it sounds a bit better than the onboard SN2 reverb). That would save on the inputs I need to use on my desk.

I guess we'll at least be getting all the SN1 features (about time!).

Anyone any idea if the ADAT interface is likely to land at some point?

Chris

Message 28/57                 Date: 14-May-02  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitar

M, thanks. Are you with Novation? Don't know if I will try loading a SNII soundset. Would want to make sure first I'm not creating a nightmare for myself. Oh, I see EMU in your address. With EMU then? I have a couple of those too. I'll load the SNII soundset into one of my EMUs and really screw it all up then.  

Message 29/57                 Date: 14-May-02  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Sitar,

lol!.. no I'm with myself mostly. I put together the SoundDiver adaptations for the (Super)Nova (II) machines in my spare time with invaluable advice from Kinetik at Novation, but no I don't work for them.

"Strawberry Emu" is my nom de production company. If anyone is interested you can have a go at guessing how I arrived at it. I'll think up a prize. The answer is contained in this post and it's nothing to do with E5000's and the like!

Cheers

Murray Webster

Message 30/57                 Date: 14-May-02  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

milan

Link?: Link

i got it. thats a good one  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum