0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: The Sun Shines For You

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  02:23 AM   -   The Sun Shines For You

sitarsong

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Except a good part of it is rather dark. Go figure. It's drum'n'bass. Let me know what you think folks. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/32                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

sitar

Forgot, I read about a year ago that mp3 encoders have to make decisions on which information to leave out. The article said the highs get dropped out before anything else, so maybe it's a matter of compensating for that a bit.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/32                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

Frostbyte

you play with the mains ? I'm not very far in the whole recording thing, so ignore my comments, but I was under the impression the mains we're to be left at unity gain? Like, most of my channels peak in the red (kick and bass sure do), but the mains at -4 or something.
Maybe I should'nt have been so hard on brett afterall hey?

Message 23/32                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

sitar

Why do they have sliders if you're not supposed to play with them? Anything with a knob or slider is fair game isn't it?

Message 24/32                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

influx

I use mine. I think theres a reason for them bein there

as for my comment on the mix...pretty dumb anyway. its a frickin 28/22 mp3!

I think it sounds cool. I kinda liked the first version for some reason better...

Message 25/32                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

sitarsong

Link?: Link

I'm wondering now if it's not redundant. Using a software sequencer there's the individual track levels and then the mains are there in the mixer view. So if I'm at the ceiling level on individual tracks I can go to the mains view where I have each track individually routed to its own main. There I can adjust levels to get the mix right. But I might as well do that in the individual track levels and just send them all to one main for any overall compression, maximizing, or eq. But then why is there an option to have all those mains going out to one pair of speakers. There must be a reason. Or maybe the reason is the more sliders the merrier, which works for me.

Message 26/32                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  06:43 AM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

Frostbyte

I'm not there yet, i'm merely trying to get the juice in the 'puter. I use my four subs to go in the delta wich comes back to the desk 15/16. So in effect my subs work as main and my main as monitor. The rest is too complicated for me, hell I haven't done a mix yet, i'm still after the damn notes. One day i will go in the theory forum and annoy you with questions to no end. Now i go there and scratch my head alot  

more sliders the merrier a sure thing, blinking leds are nice too

Message 27/32                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

influx

you know, frostbyte...the more you think about it the less you get done

you think I know jack SHIT about all this? but yet..I have some tracks done that are...well...so much for that idea

Message 28/32                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

Frostbyte

thinking about it is half MY pleasure and i'm in absolutely no hurry to "get anything done"

where do you get the idea i think you don't know shit? I've reread and couldn't figure it out.

Oh, and the reason i'm set up like that, is so i can bypass the puter totally. Just silence the shit box, damn cooling fans  

Message 29/32                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

dARKSTATe

Drums drums drums...

Wanted the drums to knock me off my feet... the ideas are there but ya gotta be as agressive in yer mix as your are in the ideas you've put forward...!!! Its fuckin' twisted and I like it, I just wanted ta turn it up and have my ears bleed from the drumz and the bass though..  

Just me thoughts!

Message 30/32                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

sitarsong

Got ya. Thanks for listening Marc. And you're right. Thing is that the drums are much clearer on the cd I burnt. But yea. Something has to make more room for the drums and I need to thin some things out and change he kick. This is a good step for me.

Influx your tracks rock. You do know about mixing. Quite a bit. I think you've zero-d in on how one needs to work the studio to get those mixes. Stop being so modest :P

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum