0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 23-Feb-02  @  10:30 AM   -   who is the greatest DJ in da world?

DJ MEGAHEAD

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

OK OK APART FROM DJ MEGAHEADS AMAZING TALENTS AND ABILITIES IN HIS TRANCE MUSIC PRODUCTION WHO IS THE ILLEST DJ IN DA WORLD AND WHY

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/82                 Date: 08-Mar-02  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

time & place

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/82                 Date: 08-Mar-02  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

busy b

Giving Messages

Message 23/82                 Date: 09-Mar-02  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

onemind

"time & place"... no that makes'em money, not greatness;)

What makes a dj great?... The people.

Message 24/82                 Date: 09-Mar-02  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

bedwyr

yeah, money-making, but i meant more from an audience percpective. as in "it was fucking wicked in there last night, wa'n'it?" doesn't really matter who the dj was.

Message 25/82                 Date: 09-Mar-02  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

onemind

agread

Message 26/82                 Date: 10-Mar-02  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

Brett B

Paul Okenfold getting paid $20k a set. Is he great. Apparently enoupg people think so, and party promoter pay it. To spin records??????? I don't understand it.

Great Dj's are the ones that can captivate an audience with their music, the way they present it, and also their interaction with the crowd. and much of this is relevant to the "time and place" but many of the big names have bad nights and good nights. I saw Digweed one night. He was so lame, because he was tired. I saw him again a year later and amazed me with some of the deepest dark shit I had ever heard. Cass put's on some great sets, and well, Hybrid is just the best thing to see live, with Dj set's with four guys taking turns playing keyboards and spinning records. Dj MEGAHEAD, do you do that?

John Grahham, Parks and Wilson, Danny Tanaglia, Sander Kleinanberg, Timo Moss, Jimmy Van M.,Steve Lawler etc. I think they are great Dj's ,oh and can't forget Anthony Pappa!

Message 27/82                 Date: 12-Mar-02  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

Pongoid

Yeah, there are some great presenters of other people's music out there, folks very adept at creating a mood through a sequence of other artists sounds and creations, all introduced and manipulated in accordance with the dynamic of the crowd. Let us not forget that buying a record does not make the music 'yours' per se.

Ape

Message 28/82                 Date: 14-Mar-02  @  05:30 AM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

matt

what i dont like when people say buying records for the djs to play isnt theree music...no way , really? duh.. what is the purpose of the vinyl? hmmmmm? i dont go for that crap..

live is cool. djing is better sometimes..cuz u get to support all your friends that release tracks too..big fing party..

things are changing ..idm scene seems to lock tite..dub techie stuff..etc.

lots of good djs out there..too. ones that only buy the hit records and play the same set without trying to break the same ol..er are lame!

Message 29/82                 Date: 17-Mar-02  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

Pongoid

I don't think I get where you're coming from. Buying a record does not make the composition your creation. Too many DJ's are treated as if that was in fact the case. Do you how many times I've played a live set, and then been told I spun a nice one? Do you know how many times I've been asked after a live set who that last record was by? Don't you dare hand me shit about whose music it is. I don't give a fuck if your qbert or Rock Raida, James brown and the Brown Sound made the funky drummer break, and it will always be the Funky Drummer, and not The Prodigy. DJ's might reinterprete, and manipulate, but as long as it sounds like the record, that ain't your fuckin sound, kid.

I also love DJ'ing, and suporting my friends' sounds. Nothing lke seeing a crowd dancing to nothing but the sounds on records you and your freinds made. I actually get a kick out of sampling a friend's track, and playing bits of it in my live set while they are there as a gesture of respect to their compostion and creativity. You get the picture.

Ape

Message 30/82                 Date: 17-Mar-02  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: who is the greatest DJ in da world?

hey dj!

Pongoid - I agree with you on most of what you said...but yes putting records together is a composition IN PARTICULAR my creation NOT THE INDIVIDUAL PIECES (I.e. like pieces of a puzzle), so there YOU are wrong. And, buying records I LIKE IS MY FUCKING SOUND. why? becuase I like the sound. YEs true somebody esle made it. sO WHAT.

Get what Im saying there..chief?

DOnt you agree that a maker of house music has a the dj in mind also...why wouldnt they want there records played to a large crowd or any, i sure love the idea..works rather well.

And the main point here..is I NEVER said thye dj made the music on the record..thats insane.

carry on!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 82 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum