0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Smapler poll

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  09:40 PM   -   Smapler poll

99devils

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I was curious as to what kind of samplers everyone is using, and how they're spec'd.. I thought it might be nice for everyone to post their sampler, if nothing else than to make it easyto find others who have the same thing if you have any questions or problems.

I'm using an Akai S6000 studio, 128 voice, 16 out w/FX, 72MB of RAM, and a 4GB hard disk. I'm looking to get the Ak.Sys USB connector for it soon too.

Previously, I used a bone-stock S2000 with 2 outs, 32MB RAM and a zip drive.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/31                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

99devils

Link?: Link

Sorry Ape, that's just the funniest thing I think I've ever read online  

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/31                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

krom303

Link?:  No link

a3000 v2. hd, 66mb, it has 4 outs, im happy with it, wouldnt use the features of an mpxcemuxlesi40000 anyway. and i paid verty little £ for it....

as somebody said:
"shit in => shit out", and thats all the knowledge you need for using a sampler....

Message 23/31                 Date: 19-Feb-02  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Maarten

MPC2000xl, efx board, *no* extra outs   , 18mb and Jaz drive connected... very happy with the way it works and lets you be creative but I'm missing better filters, LFO's and effects. Hence I might want a dedicated sampler next to it after I get new monitors, new mixer, analoge-synth and lottery prize  

Message 24/31                 Date: 20-Feb-02  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

FusionMusicMan

Mines a Yamaha A4000 with 6.4 gig internal hdd, 64 megs ram, expansion to give 10 outs total + digi in's and outs. It's a great sampler, unique fx and good filters, although im using EXS24 a lot at the moment it is basic, but it dosnt have noisy outputs like the A4000.

Im thinking of selling the yammy and upgrading my pc to cope with more exs's, if i do that i'll also get the new m-audio delta 410 (10 outs for exs) and kenton control live (the yammy's nobs are crap anyway so this would be a big improvement + i'd have soft synth control)

Now iv'e finished persuading myself you can carry on.

Fusion:')

Message 25/31                 Date: 21-Feb-02  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

klaseed

Emu E6400 Ultra w 32M memory, 9GB external SCSI HD. I love it. It is pretty much all I use. Yes, I could use more outputs, and I don't really like the effects (and I can't afford the prices Emu charges for the expansions...), but it's still a great machine. The filters sound great, once you figure out how to use them properly.

Message 26/31                 Date: 21-Feb-02  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

influx

guitar center had the output expansions for $99 for a while

Message 27/31                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Paleface

S3000XL, 32mb, 100mb Zip drive. It's been at home waiting for me for six weeks, whilst I'm at uni... will be in the studio in three or four weeks, cranking out the first demo tracks with any luck though.

If my rm1x gets fixed. It's taking the piss now, and making me seriously annoyed.

Message 28/31                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

woxy

EMU E64, 64MB, 8outs, running EOS Classic O/S, Syquest E-Z Flyer 230MB drive and SCSI link to PC.

+

EMU EMAX for 12bit crunch-y-ness & wickeedo-filter-action

Steve - I know what you mean about the buttons wearing out - - but I got mine cleaned (not replaced) when I took it in to have the rotary dial replaced (which was fucked). They work fine again now.

woxy

Message 29/31                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

knowa

I have an 8-out S2000 that I'm gonna trade for a midi guitar. I just use Battery or a rewired reason nn19 and will prolly end up getting Kontakt if its up to NI standards. I'm totally against HW because I'm not interested in performing and like crashing my computer. HTH

Message 30/31                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Frostbyte

I met a choir of retards once, couldn't get anything out of them, they were too busy chewing their foreheads with their lower jaw.

ESI-2000, 32 mb, no turbo board  
(I can't believe I actually bought this new, my sole error in terms of purchase so far)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum