0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: yam 01v versus yam 03d

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 10-May-01  @  03:20 PM   -   yam 01v versus yam 03d

Johan_wuyts

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi there,

I am planning to buy a digital mixer for mixing synths, drums and samples. The digital inputs are not important for me. I can buy a used 03d for the same price as a new 01v.

I've heard that the fx is better on the 01v. And i know you can connect a mouse to the 03d for more ease in use. Does someone know the main differences between the 01v and the 03d?

Many thanks for any reply,

Grts, johan

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/45                 Date: 17-May-01  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

99devils

Link?: Link

It can handle 24 tracks with the analog input expander.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/45                 Date: 18-May-01  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

fink

Link?:  No link

will it fit in a 10u space????

Message 23/45                 Date: 18-May-01  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

influx

Link?:  Link

"patchbay settings are not remembered"...

man I wonder what people did before all this automation and memory etc? Anyone here ever even stop to think how spoiled they are? (yes i am included in this)

huh?

Message 24/45                 Date: 18-May-01  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

99devils

I think the mixer itself will physically fit in 10u of space, but there probably won't be room for the connections at the back.

-Craig

Message 25/45                 Date: 19-May-01  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

Craig,

Trust me, if you have enough gear to use more than 16 channels, you don't really understand the power and convenience of using two 01vs until you try it yourself.

Message 26/45                 Date: 20-May-01  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

influx

hehe. if you have enough gear to use more than 16 channels and youre a hobbyist then youre a GEAR WHORE and are incapable of resisting the urge to buy every fucking synth you see 

Message 27/45                 Date: 20-May-01  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

You might have a point, influx, but it's just for drums I use more than two channels on each module. Maybe because it's so easy to hook up - just plug in the jacks and you have that particular sound on a separate channel. The other modules I record one track at a time, modifying eq and dynamics as I go and I hardly ever manage to memorize a particular setting.

Message 28/45                 Date: 20-May-01  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

influx

yeah...I can see it...but still..I have 8 channels of sampler (drums and odd noises) and 4 channels of virus, and 4 channels of FX returns (the FX come in on 13-16)

the only thing is that I have to patch my wavestation in when I want those cold strings and pads...

had an analog 8 expansion but now am thinking ADAT...

Message 29/45                 Date: 21-May-01  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

infrasound

adat would be cool as fuck paired up with an oasys or pulsar - that`ll give what, 8 efx sends and returns?

I`m selling my 8 input card btw if anyones interested, not to do that adat thing tho, just because I need the money and I aint using it.

Message 30/45                 Date: 21-May-01  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

99devils

I've got ADAT running into a DSP Factory. Sweet. Grab any 8 tracks or submixes off the board and suck them right into the computer  

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum