0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: what scale is this?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 05-Apr-00  @  11:46 PM   -   what scale is this?

kid dik

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I know nothing of scales or notes even. As much as I read, it passes over me every time. Help a bone head out, won't cha?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/46                 Date: 12-Apr-00  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: what scale is this?

kid dik

Ta Dow

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/46                 Date: 13-Apr-00  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

kid dik

fannie, let me apolgize, really, it was good and fun, but I think we both agree actually, though we are not saying it so much. So if yer ever in california(the allegorical or otherwise), stop by my place so I can hear you use your language live. I love it.

Message 23/46                 Date: 13-Apr-00  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: what scale is this?

Harmony

...very intersting....K, u got PMT or summink???? Coz bwwwoy, can u get yer knickers in a twist! Kid Dik, what the flying fahck r u on about? Arska, u know your stuff & since u stated the obvious answer I dont quite understand how the boys didnt pick up on it..OBVIOUSLY THE ANSWER 2 THE QUESTION HAS BECOME SUBOURDINATE 2 THE DISCUSSION :P but as for Adorno & his "culture industry", interesting perspective but as I have mentioned before the tools used 2 analyse Western Art music arent appropriate in application 2 contemporary music (ie: Adorno seems 2 b suffering from "old fart" syndrome). So what I'm bangin on about is the need 2 b a little bit more versatile and less ignorant. I can tell from Kid Dik's description of "riff"ting and since he's from that wonderfully cultured place California that his ears must be tuned 2 a primitive Western tonal system. It's realy not that complicated so I'm sorry if this goes in 1 ear and out the other...
K, dont b so bloody judgmental. U know nothing of me or my education so there is no need 2 categorise me. I think the bottom line is u cant handle some1 knowing a little more then u, if u can, then prove me wrong by not gettin so touchy when some1 comes along with a deeper perspective. As a teacher, find it more satisfying 2 convert a trained musician 2 music technology-u know the proffessor at my univercity honestly believes that the sub genres within dance music are merely sociological tags. His mind simply isnt open enuf 2 hear the difference between a formula which consists of a bangin 4/4 kick+808 clap on off beat+303 screatching away on top... (ie:acid tekno) 2 another style...think syncopated garage breakbeats....so, for cryin out loud, K, if u believe there is only 1 type of modern musitian then u're just as ignorant as that professor. As 4 your scales, if u like I'll tel u exactly where u went wrong (the A# Bb thing), I'd have 2 get in2 the whole thing about relative majors...if u're willing 2 listen then u'll know it from then on and be able 2 put that knowledge in2 use but somehow I can sence a LARGE amount of abuse is about 2 b swung in my general direction so I dont want 2 waist my time-as I sayd, I do enjoy teachin so I'd do u a comphehensive guide 2 the principles of music which'd b useful 2 the modern musitian 4 others 2 learn from, up 2 u....

Message 24/46                 Date: 14-Apr-00  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

damballah

Link?:  Link

OK smart lady what's this?

Message 25/46                 Date: 14-Apr-00  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

damballah

Or this?

Message 26/46                 Date: 14-Apr-00  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

damballah

or this?

Message 27/46                 Date: 14-Apr-00  @  02:54 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

k

no.. what i resent is your sneering attitude - the question has only become subbordinate to the discussion cos you've dragged it into a quagmire of intellectual twaddle...

like, you cant just come on and say.. "check it out, I'll explain it to you kid dik", and then post a simple answer to help him ...no... you have to come on and sneer and then back out and STILL not add a single piece of useful info ... so your not adding a single thing to assist the situation, merely confusing it to my mind...

kid dik asked a simple question relevent or not... i cant see how confusing him is going to help... i'm no expert, but i cant quite see how relative majors means anything to what you refer to in my post.. ive always been taught that in music (and how i meant it above), that a# is always refered to as B-flat, and thats all ive ever been told or read.. ive never seen B-flat written or expressed as A#... and that simply is all i meant and was refering to in isolation.... again.. if it's wrong posta fucking answer not a slag....

i think really it's about the difference between our posts.. my original post is cheerful, positive and at least TRYING to be helpful, whilst admitting lack of knowledge.... yours is just critical, rude, sneering , and still contains not a shred of info of any use or relevence to any newbie reading.... if that is teaching on your level, fine... but so far since you arrived at DT youve not posted a single useful piece of info.. yet you've accused, sneered and criticised...

i mean check the facts... every thread youve figured in as a main character since you arrived has gone the same way eventually.... and not just with me...

what tends to happen is at DT... one person ad's something.. the next says.. "um... actually... it's not like that.. check this out"... bang!.. they post INFORMATION.... i cant quite see whats up with you ??... plus if i said "wassup with you PMT or summink?".. no doubt i'd be sexist right !!??...

You say i dont know this and that bout you, but frankly, your posts say alot about you and your education... cos you turned up at DT and immeadiatly spilled your guts everywhere....

my main problem is that in your posts your implying that the stuff i posted about key's is total crap...

so please.. pretty fucking please with sugar on top... clean the fucking car.... sorry, i mean, post some info to answer his question and verify wether what i posted about keys IS crap or not and correct it, instead of using this as an excuse to attack me - yet again...

bloody students :-)

Message 28/46                 Date: 14-Apr-00  @  03:57 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

kid dik

Hey k, I posted something and I got an error message, which I get sometimes on this forum, but my message disapeared this time, any chance it made it to your server? you know, retreivable? It was just about 20 minutes ago, I know, cause you posted right after me.

And also, k, yeah fannie has wasted alot of your space, and its yours to do with as you see fit, but, I kinda like fannie. And I'm sure she'll post about relative majors too.

Message 29/46                 Date: 14-Apr-00  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: what scale is this?

fresh from my inbox

OH my god,that was so funny. I've just read all that dancetech shit - that conversation with K and kik dik. Did you say that it was K's web site? I can't believe what a tosser he is. You can tell that before you came along he thought he was the King of theory -his original message to Kid dik was so patronising thinkinkg he was so into his fucking theiry. He just can't handle someone bloddy well outwitting him. What's so ironic is that he was accusing you of dragging it out
and not making any valuable contributions but he'd just fall for it every time and wouldn't let his guard down and get all defensive and himseld contributiong nothing valuable!
I also cannot fucking believe his defence of calling a# B flat. He said that its always called B flat - THAT'S BOLLOX!!! What about E flat and D# then? not to mention all the bloody others! The bit about him criticising classically trained musicians REALLY pissed me off. All your replies were spot on!
That american kid dik seemed alright if a little silly.
Anyway must be off.
Love Katy

Message 30/46                 Date: 14-Apr-00  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: what scale is this?

Harmony

Just thaught I'd share that with u-smart girl's me mate Katy. Covers most of what I was thinkin. Could u seriously not sense the words "wind" and "up" when readin my 1st message? C'mon boys, read it again & tel me u dont feel like a tit. R u tellin u dont look down yer noses at me when I say the words "happy" and "hardcore"? Where d'u think I get my stimulus from? Thing that makes me laugh is how u fall right in2 EVERY single little trap I set. I was in my mate's internet cafe whaitin 4 my mate 2 finish his shift (and 4 Katy 2 finish at her work) and I had a point 2 prove from last week-remember? I'm not thick-malicious maybe, well..DEFITELY but U lot go round with a real chip on yer shoulder-dont u think it's b better if every1 worked as a community "what tends to happen is at DT... one person ad's something.. the next says.. "um... actually... it's not like that.. check this out"... bang!.. they post INFORMATION.... " IE: PING PONGS YEAH??? :P Look, I'll tel u the relative major bizznizz later-I got a 12HOUR shift at work now-"bloody students"-ey? So, at 8:30AM, if it still makes any sense I'll help u out-as I sayd I hate aggro- no offence intended.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 46 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum