0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: what mixer should i buy?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 07-Apr-01  @  02:09 PM   -   what mixer should i buy?

kef

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

hi
im trying to decide what mixer to buy and i hope you can help me out. i want to have at least 8 channels, at least three effect loops and three mic amps and 3band eq with mid sweep. what alternatives are there and in what price range? any help would be much appreciated.

by the way, why are the behringer mixers so cheap? do they suck or are they just cheap?

kef

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/29                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

gb

Link?:  Link

I agree with Craig - the sound quality is excellent.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/29                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

pict

The Promix is not a bad mixer it was a breakthrough mixer and got fabulous reviews from all the music press and a host of pro musicians.The 01v is another step forward but it doesn't mean that the Promix is a dog a few anecdotes about supposed reliability or build quality issues aren't enough to dissuade me from recommending one
or ignoring it's virtues.I'd still unquestionably recommend an 01v over a promix but for someone without the money the promix is still a good and useful mixer.Personally I much prefer analogue mixing.

Message 23/29                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

Milan

pict, i too prefer analogue mixing, but wait
until you start doing automation on a digital
desk, from realtime volume fades to modulating fx
and eq´s in realtime, not even a 1.000.000$
analogue desk like Neve can do that!
trust me, i was lucky enough to work with those
too...

Message 24/29                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

pict

I agree Milan automation is the main feature of digital desks imo sure.If you can afford a Neve I'm sure you can afford a few extra hands to do it the old fashioned way though.

Message 25/29                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

Milan

HAHA pict, dont i wish i could afford one!
but i DID get to work with one, and on the
mixdown it was me runing around turning all the knobs and aux sends to get "special" effects  

Message 26/29                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

Milan

Lee Perry Style man !
the desk is my instrument  

Message 27/29                 Date: 26-Apr-01  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

How many of you have tried to bring a O1v out live? Travel with one? Fly with one? Out of the digital boards, yes it is my choice too, but not to travel with. I'll stick with my 1202 vlz for live stuff, thanks. Bigger, warmer easier sounding. Easier to replace as well. O1v is not a beginners' board.

Ape

Message 28/29                 Date: 27-Apr-01  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

99devils

I've brought my 01V out to location recording sessions, it's not too bad. If you have a decent case for it I don't see why there'd be a problem. However, I think I'd rather gig with a cheaper mixer than risk destroying my 01V.

-Craig

Message 29/29                 Date: 27-Apr-01  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

infrasound

playing live isn`t a consideration for a lot of people when choosing a desk tho to be honest. Besides which, those little Mackies are so cheap now 2nd hand, its not too much of a burden to pick one of those up as well. Would function nicely for use as some efx returns in the studio too  

Anyway, the 01v - just good vfm really in a nice compact space. I`m not blown away by any aspect of it bar its use as a midi controller but its just nice all round really, doesn`t put a foot wrong in any area bar the midi spec of the efx. I

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum