0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: what scale is this? - Pt_2

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 15-Apr-00  @  08:53 AM   -   what scale is this? - Pt_2

k

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

t'other ones getting too big to laod.. just saw your last post Fannie (which didnt seem to there bfore)... the 'Keyboard' display output could have another octave yes, needs it, but it's the input form.. those tick boxes are forcing the form a certain width... i could try a redesign... i dunno if i've time right now... maybe i can force them smaller.. thing is there is a 'hidden' area around the 'tick-box' form-feild which forms an invisible border forcing each key wider than i'd like it - i'll give it a crack tho

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/29                 Date: 18-Apr-00  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: what scale is this? - Pt_2

k

mebbe yank style'd be better cos it lines up with what sequencers are calling 'em .... doncha think??? perhaps?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/29                 Date: 18-Apr-00  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: what scale is this? - Pt_2

johnny

How about this symbolic thing-

o = semibreve (whole note)

o| = minim (half note)

x| = crotchet (quarter)

x|\ = quaver (eighth)

x|\\ = semiquaver (sixteenth) etc.

Hmm?

Message 23/29                 Date: 18-Apr-00  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: what scale is this? - Pt_2

kid dik

yank all the way, just in terms of seq, and compatiblity. I's just saying that it seemed to make sense to me, in quivering quavers.

Message 24/29                 Date: 18-Apr-00  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: what scale is this? - Pt_2

johnny

I prefer 'hemidemisemiquaver' to '64th note' mainly because it sounds a bit silly, and you can have semihemidemisemiquaver too if you want. Even sillier.

Message 25/29                 Date: 22-Apr-00  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: what scale is this? - Pt_2

raph

Melbourne, Australia: got both systems running, depending on where the educator of the educator was educated.

Personally, I learnt to read rhythms as a youngster, we'd call 'em tas, tee-tees', tee-tikas, etc.

Refer to them with the same language as you might count them out, if you not operating on the 1-e-and-a...blah blah..

You may not really have to worry about this, but it really is helpful if you're playing something with a complex rhythm. Like, as if you classical slaggers might actually downgrade yourself to play on your own instrument some music from far greater composer than yourself.....whatever eh?

raph

Message 26/29                 Date: 22-Apr-00  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: what scale is this? - Pt_2

k

uh-oh.... just dropped in for a 'Classical' slag eh... good work - safe! ... *sigh*

Message 27/29                 Date: 24-Apr-00  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: what scale is this? - Pt_2

raph

whatever whatever..

jokes within jokes man....jokes within jokes

Message 28/29                 Date: 25-Apr-00  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: what scale is this? - Pt_2

Harmony

Kid dik, I'm realy sorry, I hope u'll still b ill when I've finished with my deadlines....well, of coure I hope u get better ASAP but u know what I mean.....

I'll be more help 2 u in a few weeks....(if u still wanna do the theory ting)

DT, U'LL B GLAD 2 HEAR I WONT B HERE WITH MY RANDOM JIBBERIN 4 A BIT....

Message 29/29                 Date: 26-Apr-00  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: what scale is this? - Pt_2

damballah

Link?:  Link

A)darn and B) good luck

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum