0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Redundancies

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 02-May-03  @  05:22 PM   -   Redundancies

BJT

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Okay I am ranting here. Redundancies, Downsizing, "The company is in turmoil shifting markets, you know the drill. We can't reduce your salaries, because that would mean that we'd have to reduce our own salaries as well as all our old fart cronie mates (some of which earn 350K), but what we can do is line you all up and randomly sack people, not all at once, but slowly, so we can get blood out of stone whilst you all live in fear and depression".

I f*cking hate this, I've recieved a redundancy before, and frankly people it sucked it really does, only because it took forever to find another job (because of the market, you know).

But now some one (my ex-) is being hinted by her employees that she's going, she walks to work everyday in fear, F*CK F*CK F*CK EM!!!

I now do appreciate the role of unions.

Okay rant over.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/27                 Date: 04-May-03  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

BJT

Was reading an article saying how the banks are fighting against employee payments if a company goes under, saying that it would stop them from giving out corporate loans, the thing is if they did that then wouldn't they earn less? Couldn't you just walk across the road to another bank, free market?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/27                 Date: 05-May-03  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: Redundancies

man called clay

nice thing about what i do is there's no security in it. except that not a lot of guys want to do my job besides my mexican brothers down here. and since there is no security except day to day.....there's no pretending there IS any security. kinda like a caveman. food...eat. no food...no eat.

Message 23/27                 Date: 05-May-03  @  04:35 AM   -   RE: Redundancies

influx

Link?:  Link

almost kinda sad how we learned to...think that we are "owed" "security" huh?

I hate seeing people who dedicate their time to a company get trounced, but...its almost...understandable...because corporations...hell...capitalisms golden tenet is the "bottom line"...and the..

aww jesus nevermind

Message 24/27                 Date: 05-May-03  @  06:22 AM   -   RE: Redundancies

man called clay

it's just the way society is structured. no sane white, college-educated person would do what i do.....and think they're gonna be secure in life.
we're all part of the big, huge, cold, grey, and often-quite-ugly structure which is western corporate imperialism.

i guess i'm kinda lucky to have made my way
somewhat sidestepping it. then again....i work my ass off physically so it ain't like i work in a bank. there's always the trade-off.

Message 25/27                 Date: 05-May-03  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: Redundancies

chroma

"looking to escape into something completely different, fed up with the corporate bollocks"

lost my job a few months ago but with the separation pay built myself a tidy little studio. now its keeping me afloat somewhat.

now im saying good bye to the city and moving to a provincial city near the sea. i just courier my work over to manila. also have some other opportunities there...

sorry my point is i may have found a way to live off the system on my own terms, comfortably, with much less stress...just take from them what i need. their movies, their fashion, their cars, cellphones...

the system, make it work for you

Message 26/27                 Date: 05-May-03  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: Redundancies

chroma

that would of course be:

f*ck their movies, f*ck their fashion, f*ck their cars, cellphones...

f*ck the system, make it work for you

sorry, ive been smoking, that shit took me an hour to write

Message 27/27                 Date: 05-May-03  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

x

no  

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum