0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 19-May-02  @  07:49 AM   -   Analog buffs on the Andromeda

hydrobilly

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

alright i think i have read almost everything ever written on this synth, but i still have time to ponder more people's opinions. Those of you who live sleep and breath analog lemme know: i want a synth that can be aggressive, soulful, phat, warm, nauseously dissonant, crazy, and graceful at the same time. i have heard that the andromeda is all these things and more. but i have also heard the quips that it has loose knobs, that the early O.S has bugs, that the presets are abyssmal, that the fx are worthless...but i still need to make a decision. i am looking t buy an incredible synth, and need a good controller too. if i were to get one for 2200 bucks, should i do it? give me better alternatives if you dont think i should do it. i have already been told that i should just get a nord modular and a sherman filterbank, or a virus and maybe a sid station...i have alot of options. tell me what you think.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/27                 Date: 16-Jun-02  @  05:48 AM     Edit: 16-Jun-02  |  05:50 AM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

Brett

Link?: Link

The virus is on my list. It has a edgy and smooth sound I like and the midi implimentation and versatility that is unrivaled buy anything I have used. The Andromeda sounds like old analog. If I want analog i go with the old school. Why not it's cheaper, and sounds better. For the money I could buy a virus B and and an Xpander. No brainer!!!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/27                 Date: 17-Jun-02  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

99devils

For the money I could buy a virus B and and an Xpander. No brainer!!!!!

------------

Thanks Brett, you said what I was trying to say.

-Craig

Message 23/27                 Date: 17-Jun-02  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

Stefan

I've recorded a bass sequence on 2 analogues and 3 VAs. Try to find out who is who ;-)

The little riddle is on www.trippler.net/music --> Stuff

Regards
Stefan

Message 24/27                 Date: 18-Jun-02  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

Brett

Link?:  No link

the only one I got right was the ppg. I think the virus and the Q had the lushest sound, the prodigy sounded off, tune wise, and the pulse is norrower but much more solid sounding. Perfect example of the variations of color associated with synths playing the same waveforms.

Message 25/27                 Date: 18-Jun-02  @  06:43 AM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

blacktrax

Hello Brett,

I think that it is possible to program patches that sound more identic on the different units. But I must admit that I didn't put too much effort in it, I just twiddled a little until I liked the sounds.

I think the examples are good to show that evry osc and filter sounds different but good though ;-)

Message 26/27                 Date: 18-Jun-02  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

milan

i suck. didnt get a single one right. i didnt read the tips though  

i got fooled by the pulse, thinking it was a uQ. there´s deffinitely a similarity to their sound. hard.

tnx Stefan for providing the test, it really shows how we can be fooled by technology  

Message 27/27                 Date: 01-Jul-02  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

influx

board

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum