0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: shall we.......

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 16-May-02  @  09:06 PM   -   shall we.......

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

start a genre section?.... a basic text for each and people can nominate tracks in each page which appear?.. (pref' somehow with audio examples) ??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/27                 Date: 20-May-02  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: shall we.......

k

"my tunes go 'boom chikka bap chikka chikka boom bap...at a tempo usually between 128 and 135 or so, and I tend to use heavier sounding basslines....blah blah blah"

lol!

yes I KNOW all that, you want to hear my death metal riff's mate on guitar!!.. they are awesome, but that's not the point

I just meant it for the visitors... newbies who say what is this that makes that style be called 'x'

and people can dd tracks they think are good in that style just to give some order of category

I mean for example, you personaly might not mind a place to see good tips to new music you didnt know in a style you like... but you'd be a bit hacked off if after searching a piece out it turns out to be a cheezy melodic trance 'anthem' which you might not be into at all

so in that respect it is PERFECTLY sensible - people also have to travel miles to get to clubs at times or to get to events, often in another town, city or part of the country, or even abroad, and they buy tickets in advance etc so they need to know what style of music will be played surely????

in that respect genre's serve a perfectly useful function...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/27                 Date: 21-May-02  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: shall we.......

xoxos

Link?: Link

mindspawn, course some schemes are yours w/o having to buy into them. i've always had schemes. i guess some people might not.. "the more you are yourself, the more interesting you are" cos when you try and be someone else, you might not get it dead-on, right?

i agree with you as well k. i like to agree, it's so fun. it'd be a mess today w/o genres w/ so many people plying your attention who ARE genreists, but i think it's an ideal to work towards.

i started discoing in the mid eighties and dance songs didn't have a set instrumentation or tempo. some songs were happy, some were silly, others were all some other way of being. it was art for flip's sake, "decent proper music," whether completely electronic or drums and guitars.

i know you know i'm just putting this forth as a public forum and all, but we used to have a helluva time dancing about to 'lovecats' and if you listen to it the kickdrum sounds like someone tapping the bottom of a cup in the other room it's so quiet. just some brushes and an upright bass.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM 8pm to 4am or some crap shiiiiiiit clone wars sure but got it wrong

Message 23/27                 Date: 21-May-02  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: shall we.......

jon

Link?:  No link

mp3.cum here we come?

Message 24/27                 Date: 21-May-02  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: shall we.......

k

doh!

Message 25/27                 Date: 23-May-02  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: shall we.......

dru

maybe it'd be cool to make dancetech tracks searchable by "artist-defined" genres and see what sort of playlists come up.

Make a genre forum called "Dope Shit" and I'll spend my time there thankyou.

Message 26/27                 Date: 24-May-02  @  06:38 AM   -   RE: shall we.......

Pongoid

Link?: Link

I dunno. It's kind of a shame because as soon as somebody says the T word, I don't even want to give something a listen, and that's not good for me either, but without genres it's just music. If somebody says "electro". I practicly get a hard -on while I'm DL'ing the track to check it out, and if it sucks then I hate the musician for defiling the name and not living up to the standard. Bad monkey!! No genres for me, thanks. Can't handle them. Too much prejudice involved.

Ape

Message 27/27                 Date: 24-May-02  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: shall we.......

k

lol! - I only suggested it so people who pass thru can add tracks they rate highly & build a cool list of tracks... thatsall  

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum