0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: WSFT and other rants

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  02:07 AM   -   WSFT and other rants

BJT

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I know we occasionally get the stray come in and ask "What Synth For Trance" but I have a story....

Walked past this music shop the other day and remembered how they f*cked me over years ago, I went in to buy an midi converter for my PC. Trusting the guy I bought an Opcode one, on the way out one of the younger sales guys said "Yeah but is he using Win98 or Win95", the senior guy responded with "His using Windows 95" and gave him a shutup look. It costed me a bit of dough and then 6 months later guess what, I upgraded to Win98 and found that Opcode weren't writing drivers for Win98. In short I was suckered and I was angry and hurt and felt disenchanted till I found this site.

Anyway point being a little advice early on can save some kids alot of hard earned dough.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/26                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

psylichon

Link?: Link

insurance pays... sometimes well ;)

my boss always told me if a client doesn't pay and I have to hold on to the masters, just lock myself in a room somewhere and let the asshole go to town on the gear and whatever he wants. It actually happened to me once too. No damage in that case, but I had to lock myself and the masters up because someone wouldn't pay. They eventually gave up yelling through the door and just left, but people can be completely stupid and unreasonable. Some of my clients carry guns, so you don't wanna fuck around.

psylichon

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/26                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

bedwyr

i don't get the "can't do anything until an actual crime has been committed" bit.

criminal damage anyone?

Message 23/26                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

xoxos

well you must have enjoyed watching that  

Message 24/26                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

moonunit

"Someone just needs to accept the responsibility to cut and paste a standard response for "newbie" questions"

FAQ anyone ? as in Foacking Annoying Questions:

"Can someone direct me to a website where there will be lots of usefull tips on music production ? thank you"

You're looking at IT, duh !!!!!! (laugh all you want, it's been asked)

another clear case of the trees hiding the forest.

Message 25/26                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

psylichon

"FAQ anyone ?"

THAT's the word I was looking for...

psy

Message 26/26                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

pict

Xoxos it was a highly memorable spectacle and there's nothing like being close to a frenzied,destructive,individual for clearing the mind of non essential thoughts.

The cops merely offer a false sense of security to the average citizen 95% of the time they arrive after the event and their clear up rate is abysmal in Denmark 97% of all housebreakings are never solved for example.Cops are generally very good at ordering people around though and setting speed traps.

Back on topic,I don't mind newbies asking questions but when they make no effort whatsoever to avail themselves of the information that is already here by the simple act of using the search function that can be quite tedious.
Whenever I really want to know something I dig around the web or use the library but some people simply want it handed to them Matrix style zapped straight into the brain with no effort on their own part.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum