0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Compressor help?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 30-Mar-02  @  12:09 PM   -   Compressor help?

Paleface

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Right, I've now got a working studio and have been pumping stuff out. And I've realised that I need a compressor. More than I need a VA, or anything else shiny, I need a compressor, to beef up old drumloops and the powerful drum samples, and generally make the mix a bit nicer.

Problem: very low budget. I've heard good things about the Behringer (you know, the composer pro, £76 from DV), there's a guy nearby selling a Nanocompressor for £60 (but I might haggle down - sadly no mono operation tho), or should I just save for the RNC?

I know it's what I need. I just don't have much budget.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/26                 Date: 02-Apr-02  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: Compressor help?

damballah

Link?: Link

$178 from fletcher's joint (mercenary).

just write a check for $50k to full sail and let them tell you whether they're good or not.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/26                 Date: 02-Apr-02  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: Compressor help?

influx

ouch!

or read one of the many multitudes of favorable reviews

anyone EVER hear a bad thing about em? Theyre a little on the flimsy side, and I would LOVE to see a dual mono version

sposedly theyre gonna do mic pre's too, but I suspect the price will be going up accordingly. sad

Message 23/26                 Date: 02-Apr-02  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

soulsurvivor

I got one of those £99 dbx jobs a while ago and aint too pleased with it. Its really is noisey and quite harsh compression which sometime results in a slight clipping sound every so often that doesnt seem to dissapear no matter what i do to the settings (and it definetly aint coming from the source sound!). I advise going for one of the Alesis units, 3630- nice warm dynamic compression.

Message 24/26                 Date: 02-Apr-02  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

Pongoid

I had heard whisperings of a parametric myself. Boy would I LOVE to see that.

Ape

Still trippin on the Funk Logic plate. Too damn funny.

Message 25/26                 Date: 10-Apr-02  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: Compressor help?

Paleface

Alesis 3630 - any good? Might be one going locally cheap, I'm going to investigate...

Message 26/26                 Date: 10-Apr-02  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

Mindspawn

Very tight little compressor for the price. Some are a bit noisy, but I've got an old one I've had for about ten years that's always been really quiet, but I've had two others that were a bit nasty. They do a fine job though. Plus you get gates, sidechain, independent or stereo operation, etc. Good bang for the buck...

Pax

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum