0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Synth for strings/pads?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  04:43 PM   -   Synth for strings/pads?

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am after a good synth for producing progressive house. I am looking at the Nova Desktop, Supernova and the Titon le. Possibly the Virus as well. I have to keep it sub-£700 for my budget is low. The main thing I am looking for, after good nasty sounds, is the capability to produce good strings/pads.

Any help is appreciated!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/25                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

99devils

Link?: Link

The A-Station.

Oberheim analogs do nice pads, so does the Microwave XT. I'd not warn against romplers if the guy is specifically looking for strings. If you don't have a sampler how else are you gonna get 'em?

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/25                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

xoxos

must've missed my post in the other thread on this.. *sigh*

Message 23/25                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

Bastiaan

Nova is nice too...I just love mine. If you like creamy, warm and fuzzy pads..or airy ones...it can do it nice and easy.

Message 24/25                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

Errata

A station is 1 part mono timbral!!!

inexcusable at that price!

e

Message 25/25                 Date: 20-Jul-02  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

djjessex

Link?:  No link

errata is right... 700 for an A-station, 1000 for a Nova. The A has only one polyphonic patch available , the nova, 6-superrnova, 8!

Id never get an A staion, a waste of money.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum