0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: What equipment do I need?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  12:42 AM   -   What equipment do I need?

BB

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I like to start DJ. With CD's. What equipment do I need to get started?

I need a mixer and what else....is there any good mp3 mixer on the market to get use to dj?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/25                 Date: 03-Jun-02  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: Denon Dj151 Tuntables?

jeff

Link?:  No link

Can anyone offer any comments about the Denon DJ151 turntable ?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/25                 Date: 03-Jun-02  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

get 1200's. Don't fuck around.

Message 23/25                 Date: 21-Jun-02  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

cheddar

Link?:  Link

Don't miss the boat, what about tunes?
If you are stacked with cd's then there you are. I use the pioneers and they are good (the new ones looked super good - before I had to stop playing for fear of wnating too much - bit big though). Notice the pioneers (CDJ 500) need new lazers every couple of years and that is serious money, worth thinking about if you go second hand. I really rate the Pioneer mixer DRM 600, the new version has 4 line/phono ins and can reliably get you round more than a few corners.
If you are not stacked with CD's then (without a jot of experience) I would say go MP3, traktor and a laptop. I will go there when MPn is good enough quality and harddrives can hold me whole collection. Saves all that lifting.
I think getting the tune is the hardest bit for beginners so if MPn is good enough and control can be made to happen then go lappy

Message 24/25                 Date: 21-Jun-02  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

milan

so how quickly can you mix with Tractor? how about cueing and other things?

i wont even mention x-fader cutting, chopping up breaks, doing spinbacks, and especially scratching... unless maybe with final scratch setup o/c.

Message 25/25                 Date: 21-Jun-02  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

k

that's interesting an mp3 s/w player with a choice of hardware controllers similar to cd decks... check it out!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum