0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 19-Feb-00  @  05:43 PM   -   afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

tjader

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

can anyone give us some afro beat patterns(goodons) thanks ging

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/25                 Date: 08-Mar-00  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

k

shall i rejig the file upload here to allow mpeg & ra too ?... might be an idea eh?...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/25                 Date: 09-Mar-00  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

paradiddle16

Here's another songo break variation. The hihat part is inspired by a david garibaldi groove (oakland stroke).

Slowing & swinging the beat makes it flow even better.
Remember to ghost the unaccented snare notes.

Message 23/25                 Date: 09-Mar-00  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

paradiddle16

Yeah it would be cool to be able to upload something other than midi files. I'd like to hear some drum grooves from other users.

Here's something else to try. Swing this mother!

Message 24/25                 Date: 09-Mar-00  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

tjader

parradiddle,what is the best way to learn more about various rythems...thought about classes(love to do latin percussion)..seen various patterns written in (notation)i cant understand them (read something about a bass and clef chart would that help)

Message 25/25                 Date: 10-Mar-00  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

paradiddle16

Listen!

You just gotta listen man, keep your ears open. You'll pick up on different stuff. Make your own shit out of it. Everybody has something to offer and so do you.

Check your favorite musician's influences. Dig into their roots, get to know how they do what they do.

That's really the best advice I could really give you.
That's the path I try to follow.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum