0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Rattling Snares

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 03-May-00  @  10:55 AM   -   Drum N Bass Rattling Snares

s.m.bradley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Okay I think I worked out the typical drum n bass pattern.

I have some questions :

1.) Where do I put the Hi Hats ???

2.) How do you get those manic 400bpm snare rolls over the top ?? How do you program them ? Are they programmed or are they just lifted from other sources ?

3.) What else do people do to the grooves to get that Drum n Bass feel ???

I've read through this forum and people have offered some great help. But I really am struggling with this and could do with some help. A nice long indepth tutorial from start to finish would be great. No one seems to have done that yet, It really would help some of us who are struggling.

Equipment I have :

Alesis SR16
Casio RZ 1
Yamaha DJX
Novation Super Bass Station
Juno 6

Pentium II 350, with cubase 3.65, fruity loops, rebirth, sound Forge, Wave Surgeon and loads of other bits n bobs.

The PC has a Sound Blaster Live! in it which can be used like a sampler until I can afford a one (if I need one that is).

Thanks

Scott

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/24                 Date: 11-May-00  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: Rattling Snares

Jasper

heh heh, it's that old goa trance track...

moooo. moooo

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/24                 Date: 11-May-00  @  08:55 AM   -   RE: Rattling Snares

k

ok, here's a file... you got a straight 4/4 beat from a C_1 kik-drum.... there is a closed hat pattern, and a secondary kik drum on C_0 --- there is also a sidestick/rimshot on C#1 --- anyways, you can see how the 12 time triplet pattern fits into the 4/4 beat....

then listen to that Photek track again

Message 23/24                 Date: 11-May-00  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: Rattling Snares

Jasper

I'm gonna techno up this old ska track "longshot kick de bucket" the bassline is well dub, well pre-dub.. I tried once before and couldn't get a good feel, but if I remember I never went into 12time.. heh, no wonder it sounded crap  

Message 24/24                 Date: 11-May-00  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: Rattling Snares

k

File?:  File

3_time_theory.mid

whoops.... here's the file... 3 time

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum