0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: producing breakbeats: how?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 27-Feb-00  @  08:15 AM   -   producing breakbeats: how?

jwa

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

All of you must get this question every week or so...and I'm sorry to be another person asking agian... but how do you go about making breakbeats.

Ok, so I just got myself a A3000 and I've got cubase running. I've found myself some hits, etc... but how do you go about making a nice rolling old school jungle beat.

Any input would be great. Do you know any sites that go through the process?

thanks

Cal

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/24                 Date: 02-Apr-00  @  03:31 AM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

ellipsis

Link?:  Link

ever listened to house ? i'd say it could use some change...in the drum dept anyway....where'd all those 16th triplet snare variations go?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/24                 Date: 02-Apr-00  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

SB

Good house and garage have excellent drum patterns, it's the trance side of things that's falling into the boring department, and the more commercial side of house.

What house music are you listening to?

Message 23/24                 Date: 02-Apr-00  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

R-Tek

agree with SB. When done badly, 4 to the floor (which aint always the case with garage) is the worst fucking beat in the world - lifeless, soulless and totally bereft of any funk or humanity. While I aint the biggest fan of either genre, I`ve heard some stuff when its been done well, and it truly is an artform and can b funky as hell.

Message 24/24                 Date: 09-Apr-00  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

unknown_talent

Link?: Link

let's see ...

is this breakbeat ?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum