0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Yamaha 01v or AW4416?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 02-Jan-01  @  04:48 PM   -   Yamaha 01v or AW4416?

Fink Angel

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

over the last year i have been acquiring the elements needed to complete my studio.

i downsized, sold bits of gear and now have the minimum i need to get intimate with.

the only thing that's missing now is outboard gear and a decent mixer. i have abit of outboard gear (compressor and effects unit) but that's it. the mixer definately let's the side down.

so whilst i try to analyze my finances this year (2001) what would you think i would get most longevity out of?

i'm not even sure what purpose either i've mentioned will help me accomplish. i want professional, polished sound which compared to my old studiomaster 16:2 analogue hiss monster, i'm sure both would suffice.

i would imagine there would be about a £1000.00 difference in price by the time i wanted to buy. that seems an awful lot of money. can anyone give me some knowledge??

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/23                 Date: 31-Jan-01  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: Yamaha 01v or AW4416?

decisions....

Just picked up an O1v and a fostex D-90. Marriage made in heaven - or so it seems - and cheap to boot. Had been hard on the AW4416 until I read about its measley track editing and pointless sampler.~B

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/23                 Date: 02-Feb-01  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: Yamaha 01v or AW4416?

fink

how much space does the 01v take up in a rack?

Message 23/23                 Date: 02-Feb-01  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: Yamaha 01v or AW4416?

gb

I've put mine into 12U tabletops, and there is no room for other stuff there.

I guess I could squeeze a 1U under it, if I had to.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum