0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: help for a hobbyist

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jul-00  @  07:06 AM   -   help for a hobbyist

ddeshetler

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I have been reading through the different topics in this forum and have seen that mostly there are arguements and disagreements. If some of you could, without cursing at one another, please help me out, I would be much obliged. I have found a great interest in music, more specifically trance, drum and bass, remixes, etc. I am interested only in doing this as a hobby but, as a hobby am willing to spend a pretty decent sum (by my inexperienced standards) to have fun doing this. If you could, let me know some good equipment and/or software for doing this. Im not interested in doing clubs, or live gigs, just screwing around at my house.

thank you.

-David.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/23                 Date: 27-Jul-00  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: help for a hobbyist

Defector Z

Link?: Link

Well - if you like downloads, grab some of my tracks. Go to my website - I have a picture of my studio up so you can see what I use. Must use IE, though, as Netscape doesn't like my image links for some reason. Can't figure it out.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/23                 Date: 27-Jul-00  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: help for a hobbyist

ddeshetler

Link?:  No link

will do.

david

Message 23/23                 Date: 27-Jul-00  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: help for a hobbyist

0/d

Link?:  Link

I'd say get a copy of rebirth,My little brothers been getting into making his own music recently,and he knows nothing about it.I wouldn't let him screw around with my set up,so We bought a copy of rebirth about 3 months ago for the new PC and now he's banging out tunes.Its a great introduction into all the basics(except sampling),it gets you into beat programming,sequencing,synth programming(and the basic terms),filters,effects etc etc.Its an excellent intro and all you need is a pc with speakers.

If you want to go better than this try some of the grooveboxes,don't get anything too complicated but buy something you will find usefull when you decide to expand(ie RM1x,Mc505 etc)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum