0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: my first online track!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  10:01 PM   -   my first online track!

the knowa (noah)

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hey folks, I finally posted a track up here. Please listen and let ne know if you dig it. My music machine is not online, so big ups to DJ Inkognito who posted it for me.

It's a section from a track I did for a film called Brush, which isn't out yet. It's missing the first 3 and last 5 minutes do to file size issue. I was gonna put the full length hi-fi version at mp3.com and advertise here to piss off influx, but I don't like the feel of that site. It remnds of a credit card company. Anyway, enjoy and your comments are appreciated.--noah

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/22                 Date: 12-Oct-01  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: my first online track!

xoxos

Link?: Link

god steve  

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/22                 Date: 12-Oct-01  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

knowa

Link?:  Link

milan--not sure which track you're referring to. The Eastern Gem? It didn't sound like Coldcult o me, but I'm not familiar with Timber (at least by title). And up until now, my music obsession has only CREATED bills. So I can't exacty use the "do what you gotta do" excuse for unoriginal stuff.

Still, I think that musicians should be principally concerned with making good music, and that if you really love Muddy Waters, Stevie Wonder, or Roni Size, just go ahead and make what you like to hear. If your influences are obvious, so what? If I heard a wicked young blues guitarist playing stolen Buddy Guy riffs, I would hesitate to declare him a genius, but it wouldn't stop me from making those ugly faces when he bent those notes and vibrato'd just right. I'm thinking now of how some, foolish, foolish people dismissed Omni Trio's "Haunted Science" as 'boring' because it did not follow the new trend towards sicko basses, still used the 808 subs, JV1080, and familiar drum sounds. In some ways, that album was not particularly new or "cutting edge". It is, however (imo) one of the finest collections of songs ever. If you're just listening for innovation, I think you can miss out on the important subtleties that distinguish that record from a million, truly boring releases on Good Looking. If Roni Size reclaimed his sanity (Lucky Pressure???? Huey Louis and the New School Breaks?) and made another record that sounded a lot like New Forms, but was equally as dope, I would still love it. I have to say though, the majority of jazz and blues players who mimic the old bebop and Chicago stuff are really annoying about it, for some reason. Anyway, originality is an important virtue and certainly a personal goal.

influx--parallel experience on the east coast. thanks to Odi and DB, jungle hit new york around 93/94. When I first heard Dred Bass, I asked my friend if it was real music   I just could not believe my ears. that backwards bass had me walking around high school mouthing "whu whu, whu, whu-whu-whu-whu, whuw, whuuu whuuu whuuuu"  . That John B record with the Slayer (I think) sample ("huh!, war!") says it all. Funny, in stupid trendy New York, you can hear 16 year olds talking about "the good old days" as dissasatfaction with the present is valued as an indicating that you were "there" before all the kids from Queens and Jersey knew about it. Maybe I'm just salty cuz I'm from Jersey. but, whoo doggie!, those really WERE the days! and the first wave of arty, whiter stuff too."Understand" by Tango? Forget about it. That breakdown almost gave me a heart attack.--original knuttah

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum