0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Making Rolling Jungle Bass

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 29-Oct-99  @  02:23 PM   -   Making Rolling Jungle Bass on Akai S3000XL

raver

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I would like to hear everyone ideas and ways of making that rolling modulated bass that one of the distinctive sounds of jungle. I would like to know how to do it on the Akai S3000XL but any manner of making it will do! Thanks!

Steve

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/22                 Date: 06-Mar-00  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Making Rolling Jungle Bass

raver

Ok, here's a specific question. I've been listening to Aphrodites tracks quite a bit. I'm puzzled as to how he makes his bass sounds. Anyone have any insight into this? His bass is just so freaking out there. It's spacey but tuff. I've read the post before and have a idea as to how to do some of it. I'm using a AKAI s3000XL amoung other things. What I've been doing is making sounds using softsynths and then putting thos into the sampler, and then mixing that in with other outboard gear. Any comments or suggestions would be awesome. Be totally awesome if someone could write a tutorial on this. I think everyone in the theard would benefit from it. Thanks!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/22                 Date: 10-Mar-00  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: Making Rolling Jungle Bass

rambousekj

Hi,
try this: sample a piece of a bass or synth.
Now use Cool edit or something for time streching.
After you've done this, make pitch shift with
preserving tempo. Now it should be much better.
What you do with the bass after this, is up to you.
Hobork

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum