0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: howdya get them to gell like that?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 03-May-02  @  09:43 PM   -   howdya get them to gell like that?

milan

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

erm, i decided to ask others for tech advice after a long time.

you see, i have problems with getting my beats to gell properly when using hardware. you know: you take a bunch of samples, make a pattern, and do _something_ to it so they all melt together, into one cohesive substance. i´m primarily talking about breakbeat based beats here, meaning bunch of samples grabbed from different sources.

using software, i find this to be no problem. i can put a plugin on a group which will take care of this. my favourites untill now were TC plugs with "soft-sat" function, or PSP mix saturator and vintage warmer plugs.

only thing is, i dont want to be software based. what the hell do i have a sampler for? or maybe i should sell it (i do use it primarily for beats nowadays) and take the soft route for drums?

in case you think i should stick with hardware, what do you suggest? what comp/tube amp/thingamajick does it for you? i´m making good use of my FilterBank, but that is only mono, and i like having things flexible, e.g. not having to resample things several times only to find out that they dont work.

help me! M.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/21                 Date: 06-May-02  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: howdya get them to gell like that?

Brett

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

the use of a loop sliced up and sequenced to your liking works, and then layer a new kick or some new hats with it. The pre-processed loops help make that layered sound i like.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum