0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Bloody yanks

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Original Message                 Date: 15-Apr-03  @  02:51 PM   -   Bloody yanks

Jock Munro

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

http://english.aljazeera.net/topics/article.asp?cu_no=1&item_no=2292&version=1&template_id=277&parent_id=258

I know as individuals you are cool. But your government really are a bunch of cunts, and I wish I could be put in a ring with that Ronald Dumsfield. Looks like they wanna pick a fight with Syria now, are they mental or something ?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 111/131                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  08:44 AM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

cheddar

Link?:  Link

I explain me wrong - i dig books, the whole idea and fix in existance of publishing, the idea that anzone can do it and the idea of an end of a job (with the efforts to complete) and freedom to move on, all is fine. My gripe is that if we questioin books value based on waste then there are a million bigger killers, like ads.., cars, military - fvckin stop me

I believe that art is the only thing that justifies our existence, ALL of the rest is just people spoor and i don't believe anything is worth the waste we generate to get it

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 112/131                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

Zazza

Link?:  No link

If you have books gathering dust give/sell/swap them to a secondhand bookshop/community library etc

That way

a) You get to read more books

b) Poor people get free books

c) etc..

Message 113/131                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

99devils

Link?: Link

I only buy the stuff I'm going to re-read.. Tolkien, the Dune Series, the Vampire Chronicles.. I have a Melville collection and a bunch of computer books.

I'd hate to read from the screen. I'm in front of the computer too long already.

-Craig

Message 114/131                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

man called clay

taking a book to bed to read before la-la land is one of my greatest joys. my bed is sultan-sized (and never made) and has a ton of books scattered about and a few manuals and music tech rags. yeah...the printed word. and yes...i love lending and giving books away...but what i really hate is to lend/give out a book to someone who "pretends" to read and find out a year later they never even touched it.

the obligation being towards television "information".

Message 115/131                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

errata

Heard something cool last night...

"The nightly news serves only to ruin the suspense of the morning paper!"

I love it!

e

Message 116/131                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

influx

I only own a few books. most of them are kerouac.

I fucking LOVE books. Sad that..yes...they use up resources

if only our self-criticism were UPPED drastically, then the CRAP that gets published in all fields might be filtered out a bit better? Less waste!

Message 117/131                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

99devils

That's unfair though.. For example, a lot of people think 2001: A Space Odyssey was an amazing movie. It put me to sleep. So who get's to decide if it's a waste of film?

-Craig

Message 118/131                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

moonunit

a warning about books.

"when the lights are out,the books boogie and multiply"

you have been warned

you see,it's always nice to have a hard copy of a document. it can't be altered.

a court,u.s.a.

judge (to lawyer): please, present the evidence

lawyer (hands a floppy) here your honor.

judge : where's the hard copy ?

lawyer: it burnt in the towers your honor.

in many a court room near you, soon.

Message 119/131                 Date: 24-Apr-03  @  04:53 AM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

influx

craig

2001 was obviously not just capricious CRAP.

so fucking many things in the US and the world ARE, and theres NO way to fucking argue against it.

who's in charge? EACH FUCKING INDIVIDUAL. drop the arrogance. drop the opportunism and profiteering, and truly make an effort to put GOOD out there...

damn..its just so fucking easy to make things right. the tiniest shift in focus would yield the most incredibly results, but FUCK THAT cuz everyones gots ta get theirs.

Message 120/131                 Date: 24-Apr-03  @  05:44 AM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

man called clay

people used to try to bring me down....saying...what? you trying to change the world are you? and i'd say...no but if i could move reality over just one inch and the next person could move it an inch...and if we all moved it an inch....
and to this day i'm still aiming for that inch.
i don't know if that's realism optimism or defeatism... but even that inch seems like a huge undertaking sometimes.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

There are 131 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum