0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Creating Beats

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Original Message                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  10:29 AM   -   Creating Beats

karibe

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm wanting to know what do I really need to create some fat beats I have no hardware except for a computer with alot of memory. What all do I need to get started and how much would it cost.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 111/115                 Date: 12-Mar-00  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

bram bos (bram

Link?: Link

Hey people,

I noticed my name and the word HammerHead flying around from time to time. If you liked HH, then you should try out my new freeware thingy. It's called Tuareg and you can get it here: http://www.brambos.com

There's also a big fat version coming soon, but you can read all about that on my site.

See ya there, mates...

Bram

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 112/115                 Date: 23-Mar-00  @  10:14 PM   -   Im wondering how good of a setup this is

AcidphLip

i have a TR-707 , 8channel carvin mixer, AkaiS-1000HD(the one with the built in 40 meg hard drive etc..),
Juno-60, and a MSQ-700 8 track sequencer, and a roland jx305(i only use it as a simple keyboard for the akai).. and then i have a few efx..( digital delay, analog delay, compressor, parametric EQ, 2 chorus, distortion pedal.. is this a go0d setup i tink it is but i dunno .. and if anyone is familiar with this equipment . could anyone help me with optimizing the use.. and also i need help on what sounds the best using these machines.. im starting to use it to make jungle and its sounds wayyyy cooler than other things ive done.. so drop me a line and reply :o p thanks.

Message 113/115                 Date: 10-Apr-00  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

bach

Hi I need to start writing electronic music, music with
more polophony rythems etc...
I was wondering what I need to create this music.
I can't write it with notes very well
Thanks
Steve-O

Message 114/115                 Date: 20-Apr-00  @  04:35 PM   -   Good "high-end" drum machine for dance music?

rwilliamson

Can anyone recommend a good "high-end" drum machine suited for dance music, specifically, trance/dnb ( or electronica in general). I'm looking to create songs ala Sasha and Digweed. I bought the Alesis DM Pro ($800) thinking it would solve this need, but it doesn't quite have the right genre of sounds. By using the term "high-end", I suppose I am thinking digital outputs, 18 or 20-bit linear samples, but really what matters is if the sounds are proper for the style of music I wish to create. Anyone have suggestions? I prefer to buy a new unit, not a used module. If you are able to give a list of possibilities, could you also help me by selecting your personal favorite from your list? This will help me narrow my choices, as I am not too familiar with drum machines, and I don't believe I bought the best unit for my needs with the DM Pro. A great big thank you to all for your help!

Message 115/115                 Date: 20-Apr-00  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

k

well, that all depends if you have a sequencer already which i guess you must have... jomox & drumstation.. drumstation for roland TRX0X beats.. plus alot more with outboard and if you know how to mix and get bizzy with creativity... or for more madness, the Airbass which lets you get more mental.... but also a sampler...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

There are 115 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum