0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: artic monkeys

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jan-06  @  09:14 AM   -   artic monkeys

Dominic

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Fastest selling album in history. What's the appeal? Have the caught a moment or something?

I like it. That Alex Turner has got some really good lyrics IMO.

Or is it just a re-hash of old Jam/Kinks riffs?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/22                 Date: 26-Jan-06  @  06:38 AM   -   RE: artic monkeys

k

Link?:  Link

thing is tho, it used to be that distinctly & obviously 'better' groups got it, now it seems it's just the luck of the draw. Any reasonably decent band will do. I cant say the AM are better (as musicians or writers) than alot of the unsigned bands playing around town... no better or worse, but there it is.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/22                 Date: 26-Jan-06  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: artic monkeys

groovemonkey

Link?: Link

They're OK but don't deserve all the accolades they get. Hard-fi are way better.

Its all the fault of the idiot Jo Whiley and muppey boy Zane Lowe.. It seems that if they say a band is good the whole nation beleives it and rushes out to buy the album.

G

P.S now you should all go and buy the XXV Gathering by Killing Joke! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 13/22                 Date: 26-Jan-06  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: artic monkeys

monkeybasket2001

and the problem with wiley is you never get the impression that she really likes all these bands, just knows she should be saying that she does.

The woman is extremely annoying, what with permenantly being stuck up the flavour of the months' arse...

greg

Message 14/22                 Date: 26-Jan-06  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: artic monkeys

steve

hard-fi? come on man, fucking hell.

fucking hell.

like fuck.

hard-fi for fucks sake.

fucking hell.

come on man.

Message 15/22                 Date: 26-Jan-06  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: artic monkeys

beds

they're from swindon, for a start.

Message 16/22                 Date: 26-Jan-06  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: artic monkeys

monkeybasket2001

hard-fi are fookin balls...turns out i am more exposed to pop shite than i thought

greg

Message 17/22                 Date: 26-Jan-06  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: artic monkeys

k

Link?:  Link

oh dear... yeah.. i was in stitches watching a bunch of middle-aged 'arts' critics trying to churn out hyperbole about the album on Newsnight review. lol.. "oh i dont want to appear like i have no idea who they are"

why?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 18/22                 Date: 26-Jan-06  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: artic monkeys

dARKSTATe

Jo Whiley's a skanky slut but she sure knows how to chug cock... Get Jo chugging yours and I'm sure you'll have a smash hit album too!

Message 19/22                 Date: 26-Jan-06  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: artic monkeys

beds

where do i sign up for a chugging?

Message 20/22                 Date: 30-Jan-06  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: artic monkeys

Dominic

ask maggot.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum