0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: I promised myself I wouldn't...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 20-Feb-03  @  11:44 PM     Edit: 20-Feb-03  |  11:48 PM   -   I promised myself I wouldn't...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

But...

When I first saw the advert for 'The Ring' (said in the most stupid piss-taking and sarcastic voice you can imagine) I promised that I would stop bitching for once. But this ad has been shoved down my throat five times a day for the last month and I can take it no longer, I'm about to burst!

Who the HELL do these god damn Hollywood producers think they are?!? Eh?!? First they steal Bond with XXX (again sarcasm) now they have butchered what is probably the greatest horror/drama of all time: Ring. Somebody tell me where I can get hold of large amounts of explosive. I am off to hunt down George Lucas and Steven Spielberg and all of their crappy Hollywood director/producer friends and tear their bloody heads off! These producers and directors from Hollywood don't even have two seconds worth of the vision that inspired Hideo Nakata to create the 2hr journey that is Ring! So what do they do?..

Sorry. I've had a very bad day! But now I feel sooooo much better.

Breath-in, Breath-out, Good air in, Bad air out...

Steve.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/22                 Date: 21-Feb-03  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: I promised myself I wouldn't...

Broken Silence

NO! NOT GEORGE LUCAS! Didn't you see the second starwars?!!?

i about pissed myself when yoda started pullin out the crouching tiger shit

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/22                 Date: 21-Feb-03  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: I promised myself I wouldn't...

psylichon

Link?: Link

Alright Steve, like three of us have told you it's called "Ringu" by now, so if you're gonna recommend it to people, do it right!  

Message 13/22                 Date: 21-Feb-03  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: I promised myself I wouldn't...

Broken Silence

and yes that piss was from laughing

Message 14/22                 Date: 21-Feb-03  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: I promised myself I wouldn't...

knowa

Link?:  Link

I've seen both the korean and the english remake and they were both pretty bad. I watched the american one at a ghetto theater where everyone was yelling things like "yo that's the killer!", "that little boy must be the exorcist" ,and "I'm sleeping with my mama tonight!". it was a grand old time.

Message 15/22                 Date: 22-Feb-03  @  12:41 AM     Edit: 22-Feb-03  |  12:44 AM   -   RE: I promised myself I wouldn't...

Steve Roughley

Psy, dunno if you're taking the piss or not (I'm too tired for dealing with the comprehension of such social activities), but I have the damn video box right in front of me and it says Ring!   You may be thinking of the wrong film. See here:

Amazon

And here:

Blackstar

This is what you are after.

Steve.

Message 16/22                 Date: 22-Feb-03  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: I promised myself I wouldn't...

dr_bubble

I used to live in Japan a few years back while I was studying Japanese. In Nihongo (Japanese), the English word "Ring" is pronounced "Ringu" (Rin-gew) and in romaji/katakana (japanese language writting with the english alphabet/englishwords written in japanese) it's written "Ringu" but since it is an english word they write it as just plain "Ring". I'd bet that if you're in the know... it's "Ringu".

Perhaps they've changed the spellings so it wouldn't confuse the hell out of the American Market/audience?

Gan batte yo!,

Crouching Squirel-sama, Hidden Llama-chan....

Masshuu

Message 17/22                 Date: 22-Feb-03  @  01:40 AM   -   RE: I promised myself I wouldn't...

Steve Roughley

Yeah, I had learned basic Japanese a few years ago when my Uncle lived North of Tokyo. All I remember are a few basics of the sillabulary (A, E, I, U, O; TSA, TSE, TSI, etc, etc) and even more bizzare sayings like Misutaa Waradakumi (roughly: Sinister Man) and Karinoinochi (Transient Life).

Things you remember eh?

Steve.

Message 18/22                 Date: 22-Feb-03  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: I promised myself I wouldn't...

cheddar

so where does frodo fit into all this?

Message 19/22                 Date: 22-Feb-03  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: I promised myself I wouldn't...

psylichon

he's tiny, he can fit in pretty much anywhere

Message 20/22                 Date: 23-Feb-03  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: I promised myself I wouldn't...

Maarten

Watched Ringu last night.. good flick but definately no mind at all

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum