0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: give yer cops some guns

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 19-Dec-02  @  06:52 PM   -   give yer cops some guns

formant

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A11633-2002Dec19.html

i know we go thru this argument every three months but won't you uk types at least get your cops guns even if the law abiding citizens can't have them?????

jamey

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/22                 Date: 21-Dec-02  @  12:48 AM     Edit: 21-Dec-02  |  12:49 AM   -   RE: give yer cops some guns

milan

Link?: Link

who was it thet said "fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity"?

actually i know- yvonne ducksworth, of Jingo De Lunch fame. if you dont know, dont ask.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/22                 Date: 21-Dec-02  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: give yer cops some guns

Mortician

Link?:  No link

Keep up the good work, I need to expand

Message 13/22                 Date: 24-Dec-02  @  04:58 AM   -   RE: give yer cops some guns

Pongoid

Think about this...how does our society really hold itself together? It's very simple. VERY simple. Hasn't changed for thousands of years, in fact still works the same as it has for all of written history. Somebody with some sort of violent superiority makes the rules, and if you don't obey them somebody, or a whole bunch of somebodies will find you and either hurt you, or hurt then imprison, or simply kill you. It hasn't changed at all. We still do it the same way to this day. Either you follow the rules or you will be either injured or killed. Simple.

Changing the tools or trying to say it's is the fault of the tools is a fucking weak pathetic, and pitiful cop out. It's shameful, and indicitive of an unwillingness to address the real issues which revolve around deeper social and physiological issues than the gun control nuts can bring themselves to admit. You want to solve the problem? First acknowledge what it is. Don't try to candy coat it and just put a band-aid on it. Guns are not the problem. Our abilities to acknowledge, respect, communicate with, understand, and accept each other are much the real problems here.

These are much bigger and more difficult issues than guns, so why not just go after the easy stuff, and let somebody else solve the real problems later? Weakling shits. Tough is not the ability to harm one another. It is much more closely related to the ability to carry on in the face of opposition, fear and adversity and succeed without harming, violing, or being disrespectful towards others.

So...can't we all so a little better?

$.02

Ape

Message 14/22                 Date: 24-Dec-02  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: give yer cops some guns

Cheddar

rock on P

But can we change?, are we hard wired - as you say, in which case we could be wasting our time/emotion in trying to change it. Perhaps better to get on with living and be unguided by it. Arguably - as a human being - you should ackowledge this core driver and go with it..., although perhaps not.

Wait. Power influencing, personal musical capability in public = power. Communication, barriers, gatekeepers, public release, tolerance of self...together with others. act react. fame.

"Our abilities to acknowledge, respect, communicate with, understand, and accept each other are much the real problems here.
" is probably worth more like a $1.50

thez celebrate christmas tonight here, so i will get me presents way before you lot do

Message 15/22                 Date: 24-Dec-02  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: give yer cops some guns

errata

"Our abilities to acknowledge, respect, communicate with, understand, and accept each other are much the real problems here."

Couldn't have said it better, so I won't!

(right up there with your special olympics comment in the other thread! hehe)

e

Message 16/22                 Date: 27-Dec-02  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: give yer cops some guns

Jock

Thats all well and groovy that we may realise our faults and acknowledge, respect, communicate, understand, and accept.

BUT and a BIG BUT. What difference does this all make when our leaders run around acting like a couple of complete and utter s. Who the voted them in ? It wasnt bloody me thats for sure.

Erm what are we talking about here. I think I may of branched off onto the Iraq, North Korea subject. Where am I ? Are those my feet ? Who are you ?

Jeez I gotto stop drinking this floor cleaner.

Message 17/22                 Date: 28-Dec-02  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: give yer cops some guns

steef

nothing wrong with drinking floor cleaner - I've done it for 15 years now and it's never done me any harm.

my manager said I'm the best worker burger king's ever had.

Message 18/22                 Date: 28-Dec-02  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: give yer cops some guns

beds

2 - 0 you slags   it's happening again, watch us up the playoffs when we should have been automatic

*typical celtic gloom sets in again*

Message 19/22                 Date: 30-Dec-02  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: give yer cops some guns

Jock

whats the difference between Celtic gloom and normal gloom ?

and no, that wasnt a feed line to a shite joke.

Message 20/22                 Date: 30-Dec-02  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: give yer cops some guns

bedwyr

it's darker and more morose, probably wet, with some mist too.

and will someone please shoot enya?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum