0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Chime smaples

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  03:57 PM   -   Chime smaples

BJT

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Where could I get my hands on some quality chime sounds.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/24                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

errata

sorry..

e

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/24                 Date: 06-Jan-03  @  11:18 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

dr_bubble

I believe he is referring to something along the lines of these pictures.

http://www.d91.k12.id.us/www/skyline/music/drum/drumchime.gif

http://www.prtc.net/~naldys/chimes.gif

Actually looking for a good sample of these myself.

The Cure used to use these on songs such as "Pictures of You". It's a very dreamy sound they produce as you "strum" the entire row of chimes. Let me know if you actually come across anything good! You might also consider trying a harp for similar effect. If you're looking for that "Entering Dream Sequence NOW" type of effect.

Cheers,

Matthew

Message 13/24                 Date: 07-Jan-03  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: Chime smaples

proximus

Are you talking about windchimes? I got a couple of really nice ones that I got from the akai ftp. I can zip and send if you would like?

Message 14/24                 Date: 07-Jan-03  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

dr_bubble

Not wind chimes. I have those outside I can sample myself. I'm talking about the instrument they use in the orchesta pit. It's a LONG bar of chimes they use a mallet on. Let me see if I can dig up my cure CD and get a sample of the sound I'm talking about. I'd just sample that but I couldn't isolate it with all the other noise going on...

Message 15/24                 Date: 07-Jan-03  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

dr_bubble

File?:  File

chimes.mp3

Yeah I guess they're what you would call "belltrees". I didn't know the technical term until now. Learned something today I guess.

Here's a quick snipit from the Cure in the opening of their song. I'd pull it directly from here but I need a clear clean and isolated sample and the band starts playing too soon to get a health sound bite.

Psylichon - Did you say you had one of these at your sampling disposal? How could I convince you to sample one for me atleast @ 44.1k wav? ;)

Cheers,

Matthew

Message 16/24                 Date: 07-Jan-03  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

psylichon

Link?: Link

well if I have time tomorrow, I'll see what I can do  

psy

Message 17/24                 Date: 07-Jan-03  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

psylichon

File?:  File

beltreeup.mp3

Well, i found one (going upward) on the Kurzweil FTP site. Does this suit your purposes?

Psy

Message 18/24                 Date: 07-Jan-03  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

dr_bubble

Psy:

This one sounds great -- exactly the instument I was looking for! (Other than the fact that it's Mp3)

Sorry for seeming a bit unappreciative -- truly I am. Really. Call me a quality snob but nothing compares to an uncompressed sample. You know, one of those "crap in crap out scenerios" CICO. So I guess my thanks can be a bit compressed (Fraunhofer style) as well. ;)

I may be asking a bit much but is there any chance of getting a downward one (could always reverse it [heh]) and/or a set of up and down that's a little slower?

No worries one way or the other as I can definitely start with this..

Thanks Again & a BIG Cheers,

Matthew

Message 19/24                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  07:16 AM   -   RE: Chime smaples

BJT

Yep thats it exactly, thanks peps.

Message 20/24                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  07:18 AM     Edit: 09-Jan-03  |  07:19 AM   -   RE: Chime smaples

psylichon

Just read Dr Bubble again:
"Sorry for seeming a bit unappreciative -- truly I am. Really."

I know what you meant, but...

LOL!

psy

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum