0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: No Smoking?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  06:38 PM   -   No Smoking?

Zazza

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Apparently, on the Brighton to London line, where the trains are 'NON-SMOKING', the commuters have taken over a carriage and smoke al lthe way from Brighton to London.

This has been going on for a couple of years, and apparently if the guards try to tell them to stop smoking they just get told to fuck off..

heh

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

hehe. i thought you got laid? has it worn off?  

you know the argument that goes "well, they cost the nhs more money so they should pay more tax" (that's used by both sides really) ? well, i read the other month that smokers actually cost the nhs less money coz they all tend to die sooner from *cough* *hack* cancer and not linger on into their nineties needing extended hospital treatment or home help etc.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

k

exactly!... I rest my case.

Message 13/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

Zazza

Perhaps the Govt. shoyuld run a

'Smoke more, Pay Less Tax' campaign?

And forget the 4x4 pollution what about the pollution caused by generating the veyr electricty we are using to power our computers, plus the horrible pollution caused by the manufacture of silicon..

Now thye've got mothers scared to sleep with their babies based on some highly dubious statistically unconvincing crap piece of research...

And they are selling 'anti-bacterial' cleansers which not only are breeeding a race of 'super-bacteria' (which I, for one, welcome) but crippling our children's immune system... which needs to be exposed to a nice variety of bacteria to kick it into developmental action...

hohum... pass me a big ciggie..

Message 14/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

errata

Wow, do you smoke K...?

I'm with Influx on this. It shouldn't have to be a law. If you smoke, you should have some common f+ckin decency and not do it around my kid, or my pregnant girlfriend! I live in a city, and I support and WORK toward pollution cutting endeavors. I also drive a car when I have to, but bike and walk when I can... I'm not saying this to make myself feel superior but because you stereotyped the hell out of everyone who takes this position. I AM NOT a suburban Soccer mom and I do not feel superior to smokers. But I do support the right of non-smokers not to have this disfunctional ADDICTION forced down their throats while they're trying to eat, or conduct necesarry business in the world...

If a junkie shot-up in front of my kid at the grocery store you can bet I'd straighten him out! I don't really see a difference aside form the severity of the habit...

So there,  

e

Message 15/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

xoxos

Link?: Link

and have you seen how they have babies? aah, it's out, grab it, toss it to the other side of the room and do some tests, see, yer out now baby, big world, lots of tests. taken straight away from the mother. which is good, because now we have an individual that adapts more readily to changes in conditions brought on by superior force well. obedience levels up 5% sir!

got your musician's license? sorry, you're not permitted to use accidentals yet. you'll pay, because you can smell the money.. ooh, lurvely munny..

everyone stand in line! (easier for giant flying robots to strafe that way) you want civility, try treating ME with some first, ie. that means using your fucking head before your mouth. you can suck my dick, you know? i'm not taking that crap.

Message 16/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

errata

I'm sososososososo tired of this "your inhibitng my freedom" crap when it comes to smoker's rights! It's simple, In a society one should have every right to do wahtever one pleases as long as one's pleasure does not harm any one else. That's civility. And you'll get plenty from me.

I'm not talking about offending sensibilities!! I'm talking about direct physical harm. I'm not some whinging political correctness machine here. I'm just speaking to the direct condition of selfish disregard for others. Unfortunately when people behave like children they get treated like children!

e

Message 17/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

influx

Link?:  Link

my MAN, KILO! you just threw the baby out with the bathwater, right on top of the ol' mans head!

I wasnt talking about fecking pollution. I am well aware that there are larger fish to fry. I was talking about going into an enclosed space and not being able to BREATHE

yeah, Im a snotty, programmed selfish lemming because Id like to be able to breate. piss of with THAT shit.

oh, and your argument about "it used to be ok to smoke...never was a problem before"

??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I used to be ok to say nigger and treat blacks accordingly. It USED TO BE OK to treat women as inferior. It USED TO BE ok to use Thalidamide (sp) on pregnant women

but these things are changing or have changed because of a key concept. AWARENESS

smoking in a public place without adequate ventilation infringes on non-smokers simple desire to breathe freely. simple as that. Again..I dont believe in laws to regulate this shit, and I dont think smokers should be financially penalized, but I do think its completely fair to have separate smoking sections on trains, in bars, in restaurants, etc..and that those sections should be heavily ventilated so as to not affect those around them.

its not punishment of any sort. just mere consideration.

someone got up on the wrong side of the bed, eh?

Message 18/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

Zazza

So what gives any one of the right to pump out carcinogens out of your gas guzzling monstrosities at 'baby-head' level.. this dysfunctional addiction to cars when public transport would do fine gets right up my nose... why do you think asthma levels in children have gone through the roof? Smoking? I dont think so...

Message 19/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

steef

does anyone remember that 'smoke tabs'
advert in viz a few years back? at the bottom it
had the government health warning 'Smoking
whilst pregant can lead to low birth weight.
Mind you, who wants a fat baby anyway?'.

*insert comment about getting my coat here*

Message 20/67                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

influx

Link?:  Link

"So what gives any one of the right to pump out carcinogens out of your gas guzzling monstrosities at 'baby-head' level.. this dysfunctional addiction to cars when public transport would do fine gets right up my nose... why do you think asthma levels in children have gone through the roof? Smoking? I dont think so... "

didnt say anything about that either. Do you not drive, zazza? at ALL?

public transportation SUCKS in SoCal. I would honestly love to be able to forego a car unless I really needed it.

there are even bigger "pollution" problems but again Im not talking about pollution. Its a small issue the smoke thing.

zazza..youre a really good hair splitter...Id love for you to sit and analyze everything you do because ultimately..what ISNT destructive?

such saints!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 67 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum