0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: WSFT and other rants

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  02:07 AM   -   WSFT and other rants

BJT

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I know we occasionally get the stray come in and ask "What Synth For Trance" but I have a story....

Walked past this music shop the other day and remembered how they f*cked me over years ago, I went in to buy an midi converter for my PC. Trusting the guy I bought an Opcode one, on the way out one of the younger sales guys said "Yeah but is he using Win98 or Win95", the senior guy responded with "His using Windows 95" and gave him a shutup look. It costed me a bit of dough and then 6 months later guess what, I upgraded to Win98 and found that Opcode weren't writing drivers for Win98. In short I was suckered and I was angry and hurt and felt disenchanted till I found this site.

Anyway point being a little advice early on can save some kids alot of hard earned dough.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/26                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

xoxos

Link?: Link

that's what's wrong with business today, is that my employer doesn't let me kill customers. at least in a music store they're not cybernetically connected to your head every 20 seconds.

shit if we had a cultural tradition of frank behaviour regardless, it would be tight.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/26                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

errata

xoxo's as your attorney I advise you to get A NEW F*CKING JOB!!!!

e

Message 13/26                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

psylichon

hahahah, no shit!

psy

Message 14/26                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

xoxos

well that's what they want too. what do you think i'm gonna do tho - produce music for engineered people to have weekends to like you?

Message 15/26                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

psylichon

go work at radio shack ;)

Message 16/26                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

influx

Link?:  Link

jeez pict. really? what an ASSHOLE

well...dunno...Ive not been shafted at my guitar center cuz I was introduced to the dept manager by a group of people who spend a LOT of money there

and then I spent my own share. but the guy who I was hooked with LEFT, and suddenly Im an asshole again...I go in and they try to sell me shit for retail, then say "well, I can do 10% off that"

off then. sorry but no thanks.

Message 17/26                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

pict

That's nothing this guy comes into the shop after I've been working there for 2 weeks with an alesis drum machine and says he wants a refund I ask him for the receipt which he didn't have so I said that I couldn't give him the refund without authorisation from the boss.Instantly the guy became irate with expletives like "motherfucker" "rip off cunt" etc. so I say "hold on and I'll get the boss" the boss comes over and tells him that he can only get a refund if it's broken which it wasn't.The guy then said"I'll be back tomorrow and I want a fucking refund!"and then storms out of the shop leaving the drum machine behind.

The next day the guy comes back in and demands a refund again I go and get the boss the guy is getting twitchy in the face and then the boss informs him that nothing is wrong with the machine therefore no refund.The guy gets really loud some other customers are looking around nervously as he swears loudly at the boss demanding a refund,the boss is starting to shit himself so he grabs the phone and calls the cops and explains that he has an obnoxious,belligerent man in his shop frightening the customers and would they please come immediately and take the guy away.

Next to the 2 plate glass counters is a basket with guitar and bass necks for kit building the guy grabs a precision bass neck and blooter! smashes plate glass counter number1 then fuckye! smashes in plate glass counter number 2.

Next he turns his frenzied attention onto the acoustic guitar rack and proceeds to smash every single acoustic into matchwood he then marches into the amp section and starts to blast away at the electric guitars on the wall.Then it's the Pete Townshend impersonation on the nice ampeg bass stack before heading to the bottom of the shop(one entrance and no fire escape).In the bottom of the shop are expensive custom guitars and a huddled group of extremely frightened customers some of whom are crying in fear.

The guy then returns to what's left of the counters and waits patiently for the cops to arrive which they duly do and they take him away leaving us to clean up the wreckage.Half an hour later the phone rings I answer it it is the guy who has just been released by the cops and he says he is coming in tomorrow to get his refund and if he doesn't get it he's going to do it all again.The boss phones the cops but they say they can't do anything until an actual crime has been committed.

The next day the new windows are being put in and we're tallying the damage up for the insurance claim the guy appears the boss gives him the refund in cash but first makes him sign a receipt for it in which it is stated that he is getting the refund even though there is nothing wrong with the goods.When the guy left with his money and had signed the receipt the boss took the receipt into his office and typed into a space he had left "I admit that this refund was extorted using the threat of extreme physical violence" just above where the guy had signed.

How's that for the customer's always right?

Message 18/26                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

influx

my GOD!

why didnt you guys just jump him and kick his ass?
arent you allowed to protect property in england?

Message 19/26                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

pict

You mean why didn't the boss jump on him and kick his ass?It was his shop.My wages didn't pay enough to warrant being a maniac subduer you couldn't get close to the guy he was doing a helicopter impression flailing a precision neck around his general area at very high speed it was all over in minutes and he made no attempt to escape.I thought why not let the cops take the chance of getting clubbed with what was left of the bass neck?

Message 20/26                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: WSFT and other rants

influx

yeah, and fat ing lot of good that did, eh?

youre right tho. why risk personal injury over someone elses property

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum