0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: why i am happy about the elections

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

Original Message                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  01:21 PM   -   why i am happy about the elections

formant

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

this probably fits into the category K doesn't want posted here.

so fair warning... if you are offended by the topic of abortion quit reading. and take this point: i am not telling you what to believe, i am telling you what i believe so take it for what it is, an opinion.

ok i think that the republicans gaining control of the senate is the absolute most important thing to ever happen in the past 30 years.

this means that bush gets to appoint judges without having them blocked left and right. so just as clinton did before him, bush can put people into positions of power who are anti-abortion.

i think that abortion is the biggest travesty against human life in america since slavery.

just as the white slave owners of the blacks said that they were not human and thereby justified thier actions in pursuit of wealth i see the same thing happening today.

then it was 'these slaves are not humans therefore to gain wealth and happiness we will abuse them and do as we please with them... since they are not humans they have no rights'

today i see people saying the same thing:

'it doesn't matter that i have created a baby because it isn't a human being. i need to go to college/work/whatever so that i can be happy and prosperous. i will therefore do what i like with this nonhuman so that i can persue wealth and an easy life unhindered'

what exactly is the difference between the slave owners and the current people who choose to take human life in order to serve themselves?

i believe that *should* roe v wade get overturned in this country it will be a great stride forward for all humanity.

extremely inflammatory comment here: if bush gets abortion outlawed or at a minimum pushed back to a states right to choose america will be standing in defense of the helpless and needy.

i am aware many do not agree with me but that is fine. many people were against lincoln when he tried to abolish slavery, afterall they weren't humans.

you guys can slam me if you want (used to it) but this has to be the most important civil rights issue since the MLK days and it affects people of all colors and nationalities indiscriminately.

i hope that justice comes for the innocent lives that are lost every day in the name of greed and selfishness.

jamey

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/122                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Zazza

Link?:  No link

o yeah, George sr. needs some stem cells for his brain right? Suddenly George jr. is changing his tack on embryo research.. mmm.. self-interest, you gotta love it..

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/122                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

formant

i would be happy if only partial birth is banned...

anything after that is wonderful.

i would imagine that if there were provisions for rape and injury to the mother it would gain wide popular support.

and its not like the coat hanger arguments hold any longer. people would just go onto ebay and buy abortion pills from france and take care of it at home like the doctors try and get them to do now anyway.

the purpose of this thread wasn't to say that i was anti abortion. it was to compare abortion to slavery and make people think about whether they truely value life.

jamey

Message 13/122                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Steve Webster

My god Formant. This is totally wrong of you. Your a male right? It is easy for us men. Remember that my friend.

Message 14/122                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Maarten

Link?: Link

I truely can't see the resemblance in your comparison... try a different one. I highly value my life but at the same time am frightened by the way society is morphing into some scary science-fiction B-movie. And if you're comparing upright walking slaves to a foetus with a hand-full of braincells... I'm sorry, then there's no intellectual discussion to be had with you. just my 2c

Message 15/122                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

d

nah, maarten, that wasn't over the top. during
vietnam, in the play "hair" they had a banner
that read "Nixon, pull out like your father
should have."

I really applaud these conservative SOBs in
their defense of freedom. the freedom to
screw workers for the benefit of shareholders.
freedom to rape the environment in the name
of profit. freedom to pick any flavor of
christianity that suits you. if we have to give up
a little freedom of what we say, what we can
watch or read, what we ingest, what we do in
the privacy of our own bedroom, what we do
with our bodies, well that's a small price to
pay, isn't it.

Message 16/122                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

formant

yah but you guys attacking me personally or attacking the other ideas that conservatives hold hve nothing to do with the issue at hand.

you cannot look at the issue from a scientific viewpoint and come away with the idea that babies in the womb are anything less than that.

in addition my being male has nothing to do whether abortion is right or wrong. the only reason it is legal in this country is because of a judicial decision, it is not because people in this country voted for it. therefore i think it is completely fair if the same judicial system that birthed it is the one to do away with it. since it wasn't voted on by the population in any way shape or form.

its funny that the people who get upset about beating baby seals or making sure pigs graze the right way are normally pro-abortion.

i will reinterate teh point that you cannot look at the scientific facts around this issue and come away with any view but the one that says these children/babies need to have thier rights protected.

if vegetarians and anti-death penalty people were fully consistant they would be anti-abortion as well.

jamey

Message 17/122                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

d

pro-abortion implies that one thinks every
pregnant girl should be strapped down and
vacuumed out. pro-choice means it's her
decision and not yours, you anti-choice twit.

Message 18/122                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Zazza

formant: at what point does life begin?

Is the freshly fertilised egg alive?

Is a sperm alive?

Is contraception ok by you?

Under what circumstances would you judge that abortion should be permissible?

Message 19/122                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

influx

Link?: Link

you know whats really funny though? If people would just be a little more fucking responsible about things...

you dont HAVE TO get pregnant. its actually really quite difficult to do, and a lot easier to NOT let it happen

just "pulling out" doesnt work. but..the pill is readily available, rubbers are cheap, OR....one of the simplest things:

only requires a calendar. Girl learns how her period works, and TOTALLY AVOIDS having sex for the 4 days around the middle of the cycle...

its that simple.

Im sorry but "mistake" pregnancies are bullshit. Like so many fuckups in this world it comes down to a lack of responsibility.

Gotta say Jamey...I agree that it is LIFE but I am horribly alarmed that youre so happy about the racist right wing fascists who are now in power.

and...its actually pretty fucking infuriating...you and GT both...you do this shit intentionally, and you both sit on your high horses as if youve got it all figured out. really, man. that is how it looks. You and he both with your "conservative" proclamations "yeah I know Im being inflammatory but Im gonna do it anyway because god is on our side and we know whats best for you and everyone else."

hate to say it, man, but the more I read from you too the more it chaps my hide.

look for things to get VERY bad soon

Message 20/122                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Zazza

I've found it virtually impossible to get pregnant... despite serious tryage...

seriously it isn't difficult is it? Once is enough no?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

There are 122 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum