0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Who is the enemy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14

Original Message                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  01:42 PM   -   Who is the enemy

cheddar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Really if the US is spending more on military than the rest of the world combined then ...who is the enemy?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/138                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

k

yeah yeah and so does Bush - "God bless america this and that" etc etc - the amount of times God/America has been lumped into the same sentence is very often -

But if you are a racist or are culturaly predjudiced you will hear 'Allah' as the call to arms of of some fanatic group rather than simply 'God' in another language...

Now.. Bush says 'God' this and that always about the USA, so if he spoke a different language he'd say 'Allah'

simple but you seem to want to suggest it means something entirely different.

Regarding the nazi party, they used tons of Christian Knights imagery in their posters etc, and yes, the vatican DID apease them - BUT the point is, we DONT (quite rightly) attack 'christianity' because of evil regimes in christian countries - but for some reason we feel that it's ok to attack 'another' religion wholesale due to the antic's of one dictator who 'happens' to be in an islamic country.

that formant is pathetic. That'd be like arresting all the monsigniors or whatever they are called from the main cathederals because of the IRA who happened to be in a 'christian' country & catholics - that would be rediculous - BUT, that is in effect what is happening all over the world with Islamic church leaders.

and why?... cos they decry the modern westernised world and it's lack of ethics & humanity?... so does the church if it comes to that albeit more subtley, but that is purely cultural differences of accepted public behaviour. As far as I know it's NOT 'terrorism' to criticise the USA no matter how harshly, or i and most of my freinds would be a classed as 'terrorists' & locked up with the rest of them...

I mean football fans all over the world... they go to other countries, into peoples communities & attack people, smash up public places & peoples businesses & cars, attack & injure or maim and sometimes kill people from time to time... do they ban football & arrest the club chairmen and Fifa officials?.. nope... but what if those footie fans were muslims, or anti-capitalists?

what they do is, they pool intelligence and arrest the proven leaders and troublemakers, take them to court, show the evidence and lock them up - they dont cart them off and hold them indefinately without trial. I like footie, but does that make me a hooligan by association with the sport???

So, no big beef... but get with reality. All I'm saying is, lets have a level playing feild and less hypocracy of hiding/disguising what is nothing more than blatant white cultural & imperial racism against another group who look/live differently.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/138                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

errata

Link?:  No link

"As far as I know it's NOT 'terrorism' to criticise the USA no matter how harshly, or i and most of my freinds would be a classed as 'terrorists' & locked up with the rest of them" --

If our Attorney General (the chief of law enforcement in the US) has his way it will be, and you will!

e

Message 13/138                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

Zazza

The enemy are the power brokers.. those who want to retain or extend their wealth and power and fuck the rest of us...

Don't matter if they are muslims, dictators, 'democratically' elected leaders, religious zealots, white, brown, black whatever.. if your god is power then you must make sacrifice to that god...

All hail mammon...

Message 14/138                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

influx

Link?: Link

I love what this place is supposed to be, and what it could be.

I dont hate the entirety of american culture, just the shallow blind consumerism that is unfortunately the majority

and I dont have the entirety of the governmental system, just the oppressive elitist wealthy fat fucks who consistently squash lives and livelihoods with impunity.

were you calling me out? do I seem that transparent?

Message 15/138                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

k

yes sure, and that is what the fight is about now isnt it - that we had something as an idea called deocracy, but that it is fact doesnt work... it's controlled by corporations & their money - so we have in fact a despotic right-wing controling of our countries. Nothing in life is perfect but at least we should have that system return to work properly as it should do.

the secret is easy - whatever they say, the opposite is always true - hence their favourite words/phrases are:

'peace', 'democracy', 'freedom', 'truth' (& especialy) 'lets be clear about this'

when in fact the opposite is always true. These are now meaningless words and phrases, mouthed by politicians and corporate hierarchy, and the populace drools obediently like pavlovian dogs when they hear those words. Control. fear. control.

However, what confuses me, is what has happened to Bush & his cronies recently to make them suddenly back down and change their tune about Iraq... something serious we don't know about. Bush looked positively rattled to me when he came on TV to announce it. I wonder what happened  

still, we have our good points in life regardless... Like seeing Arsenal brought down a peg.  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/138                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

xoxos

HUMANS

Message 17/138                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  10:09 PM     Edit: 31-Oct-02  |  10:11 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

Ghost

"Nothing in life is perfect but at least we should have that system return to work properly as it should do"

word to that k... it's time the people took back the democracy that belongs to THEM.... there are many people who are sick to death of all of this corruption and the corporate oligarchy, but there are many more who are blind and happy.....

the question becomes: what is the best way to raise awareness and affect some real change?

I smell a revolution, but which way is the wind blowing?

Message 18/138                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

xoxos

YOU see the thing about loving america influx is that it's specific about something that could be more general, ie. time changes and five years from now you're in mongolia. what this place is SUPPOSED to be represents ideas suited especially well for one instance. this is the thing about an institution because anytime you institutionalise something that's just proper anyway you're compromising it's integrity by creating a form that represents something, creating an abstract, a double, which can be used to counter by creating cosmic parallel falsehoods.

love TRUTH or BUG BEANS or whatever because it is TRUTH or BUG BEANS. not america because it is TRUTH or BUG BEANS because if proof then double which is not BUG BEANS because i love them yum!

Message 19/138                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

influx

you know what, man. Im not smart enough for this shit and my head hurts. Im fucking sick of the way things are, but I really dig this place for the most part

I cant think of anywhere else that offers so much opportunity

sadly that opportunity comes with a large price

please speak in simple terms when addressing the simple-minded, ok?

Message 20/138                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

Steve Roughley

"which can be used to counter "
Can be used to counter what xoxos?

But you're definitely on to something there mate. That has to be one of the major causes of problems for any country, the new western coutries in particular. This belief that the country is as it was intended to be. Sure, the original American concept, for example, was a good one, but it is just that; a concept. Yet, much of the powers that be (government, voters, etc) continue to apply this concept when they attempt to view the country as it is today. Inevitably, this causes problems. But there ya go. That's the joke! Geddit? It's only funny for a short while.

Regards.

Steve.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14

There are 138 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum