0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Thinking of getting a "real analog"

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jul-02  @  08:11 AM   -   Thinking of getting a

djjessex

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Weve got a few anamods ( modelers ) in the studio but we were thinking of getting a real analog soon. Ive done some research and there looks like a lot of kool synths out there t o choose from. But the price has to be realistic. I have narrowed it down to a few and was wondering if anyone out there had anything to say about these choices.

Arp Odyssey III
Korg MS-20
Korg Mono Poly
Roland Juno 106
Prophet 5

If scoped them out on ebay for around 400-800

Any feedback would be apreciated

JesseX

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/29                 Date: 02-Aug-02  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

Drop

I'm thinking of getting a digilogue.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/29                 Date: 06-Aug-02  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

Pongoid

Link?: Link

I've got digital, analog and hybrid. Real analog has THE sound.

Ape

Message 13/29                 Date: 06-Aug-02  @  07:15 AM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

Brett

want an mks-80? anyone?sick bass and leads, warm smooth pads, auto tune, two part multi in split mode, 16 osc 8 voice monster! selling on ebay. need $700.

Message 14/29                 Date: 14-Aug-02  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

djjessex

Thanks Pog, my friend has a P5, and it just hit the top of the list. I just looked aqt the stats on vintagesynth.com and it seeems stacked for the price range. Sounds great too.

Jesse

Message 15/29                 Date: 14-Aug-02  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

errata

looking at studio electronics products lately... they have a little 1 part multi voice true analog NEW responds to MIDI (with solid timing) and 4 analog filters for $1400...

mmmm tastey!

e

Message 16/29                 Date: 14-Aug-02  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

Maarten

ATC-1? Mate of mine has that synth, sounds great! Mind-boggling bass is what it can produce- and more... what can I say, it's somewhere on my list *sigh*

Message 17/29                 Date: 14-Aug-02  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

errata

Yup! That's the one... not a bad price for true analog, Yo!

e

Message 18/29                 Date: 20-Aug-02  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

Brett

you would seriously spend $1400 on a mono timbral analog, when you could have a six part six voice xpander that has full midi implimentation for the same money?

Message 19/29                 Date: 20-Aug-02  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

influx

heh. no shit

and the ATC-1 can be found for like $450 used

Arent you thinking of the SE1x?

SE stuff is incredibly expensive

Message 20/29                 Date: 06-Sep-02  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

nomad

don't they have the 'ATC-X' now... basically an ATC-1 with the selector and all 4 filters built in? that sounds like what he's talking about...

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum