0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Synth for strings/pads?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  04:43 PM   -   Synth for strings/pads?

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am after a good synth for producing progressive house. I am looking at the Nova Desktop, Supernova and the Titon le. Possibly the Virus as well. I have to keep it sub-£700 for my budget is low. The main thing I am looking for, after good nasty sounds, is the capability to produce good strings/pads.

Any help is appreciated!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/25                 Date: 25-Jun-02  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

influx

Link?: Link

MKS s arent VA.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/25                 Date: 25-Jun-02  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

Pongoid

Who said it had to be VA?

Message 13/25                 Date: 25-Jun-02  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

xoxos

blip ultra. i'll have it up in a few hours.

i'll have a better version of another one i've got, 'alead' up in a few days, which has more lfos and envs.. blip only has 1 lfo and 2 envs, and since there's no feedback at this time, i can't include an lfo>mod env time/height AND a mod env>lfo rate/amp. need the extra bits.

it looks like that because i run my synths in sevweral versions.. it's a heavy version of blip, and used for the same purposes.. all the shared controls are in the same place. btw blip is tweaked, not still fresh like mystic.. :p

Message 14/25                 Date: 25-Jun-02  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

xoxos

there. try that.

Message 15/25                 Date: 25-Jun-02  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

Brett

I have an mks-80 for sale.

Message 16/25                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

nomad

i wish they made hardware synths that looked like that  

i think the xt is really cool too   and in the last user set there is this patch called solina3 that is quite an amazing pad. but it might not work for you overall.

Message 17/25                 Date: 01-Jul-02  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

influx

always

Message 18/25                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  08:08 AM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

djjessex

Ive replied to alot of people wanting to get info on what is the best synth for this or that. And I have this say again:

There is no comparison to analog or analog modeling, Get the Nova, or some other modeler. A good rack runs 700-1000. This is why, if you cant find it in the presets(shame on you if you rely on them) you can program your own.

Dont belive me? go to www.mp3.com/saturntheory
and have a listen, even if you dont like trance it will give you a good idea of the power of the nova anf the waldorf q

Hope I could help
Jesse
PS: stay away from romplers: ie the triton, everyone has one and if you wanna sound like britney spears go get one...he he

Message 19/25                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the reply. I had allready made up my ming to go for the Supernova II Rack. I had a listen to the audio samples on the novation site and was sold there and then. I should have enough money for it by the end of next month/start of september.

Thanks again.

Message 20/25                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

k

Link?:  Link

ah what about that recent novation rack, it's polyphonic and has the same supernova sounds (excellent va strings etc) but cheaper, 1u rack - fx too I think - and all pots send out midi.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum