0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 05-Jun-02  @  10:44 PM   -   Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

Mindspawn

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Greets folks,

Just uploaded a couple trax so folks can get an idea of the sort of thing I enjoy doing. The sound is not terribly appealing at the low bitrates, but you can get an idea of the sort of thing I'm into methinks....

Peace

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/21                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

sitar

hehe Influx, you were well missed.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/21                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

Mindspawn

Link?: Link

Thanks for the feedback folks, always appreciated...

milan - "i dont think you were looking for criticism, but anyway..." probably true, but I dunna mind criticism, either. Seems I get enuff of it...=) I agree about the randomness in this kind of music too. Passage, however, is part of a concept album I'm doing with Coph Nia of CMI, and a big part of the idea behind it is subtle rhythm (or sometimes not so subtle) to simulate the idea of machines and humans. The whole idea is kinda like Lustmord meets Giger....

Sitar - I'm a slow bastard sometimes... and yes, I need MUCH more gear...=) Funny you mention Gladiator as me and Manolo did a dance remix of Lisa Gerrard's Sorrow (which we called Lament) that big cheese Oakenfold has been spinning in his sets lately. Anyway, stuff like Dies Supremus is a lot of fun for me, as it makes me work a lot harder. NYC? I'd love to, hell I'd love to play anywhere really, I just dunna have the time anymore with all the studio work. Seems I'm becoming more and more an engineer/sound dude, and less and less live performing... cycles I suppose.....

Maaten - (and Sitar), yeah, there's a couple DJs who use my dark ambient/neo-classical stuff for openers and extra drama. There's even a few DnB folks that mix the bits with beats. Quality - not at this bitrate, but the ideas come across okay.=)

xoxos - as much as possible when time allows...=)

bedwyr - yup, I do sell this kind of thing and yes there is a whole scene dedicated to it. Most folks call it dark ambient, but there's also noise, neoclassical, film music, and good ol' "experimental" that oft gets tagged on to this stuff. "Big names" in this stuff are Lustmord, Coil, Vidna Obmana, TAGC, Raison D'etre, Arcana, Sophia, Coph Nia, Nurse With Wound, Robert Rich, etc.

Influx - danke.

and thanks to all ye brave souls for taking the time to listen to this stuff. I well realize this ain't everyone's cup o tea, 'specially not here, but I thought some might be interested in hearing what I'm into.

Peace

Message 13/21                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  06:13 PM     Edit: 06-Jun-02  |  07:08 PM   -   RE: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

bedwyr

cool, i'l try and check that lot out then.  

[edit] here's me thinking about it later.

i think i find it a little 'frustrating' that is so heavily image influenced (it would seem) but there's no images to look at. guess it's good to make up pictures in your head, but ... ?

'nother thing, film music rarely stands on it's own without images, so ... hmm. dunno what i think.  

anyway, well cool for "putting it here". what do people do to this then? smoke? ;)

Message 14/21                 Date: 07-Jun-02  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

Mindspawn

"what do people do to this then? smoke?" Heheh, well that certainly comes to mind...=) Seriously though, it's a different kind of "listening." I think the whole point of this stuff is that it "doesn't" have images save for those you conjure in your own head. It lets (or mayhap demands) the listener create their own images. Whether or not there's "purpose" behind it is often very subjective. I just do it cos it's what I like to hear. I'm not trying to make any grandiose statements, I simply enjoy it.

Pax

Message 15/21                 Date: 07-Jun-02  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

xoxos

i'll handle the grandiose statements..

i said.. lets play a game!

i betcha i can make a...

--
the set-up is a movie, except as i find myself having to change theatres, set up my own chair, proceed to different billings which all seem to be telling the same story, i find that i've been absorbed into the screenplay of the movie. but what a day it's been.. the hardware store quite happy to give me a free stick of ram i need. the old man playing the casio outside the shopping center who replies "you must give me these tools!" when i offer urls of freeware.

it's about an academy, a school for unruly but gifted children or something. admission is performed by a sniffer, who is also me, and looks remarkably like one of the aliens from 'final fantasy.' the first clarified rule is that there must be no laughter.. the institution employs a team of psychics to monitor the subjects and laughter is severely painful. it is grim.. there is nothing friendly or benevolent about the adacemy, as we are herded from great august hall to great august hall, soon we are starting to look for a way out. .

..which starts to present itself. during one of the many periods in which the 'students' are left to wait, it is discovered that the operating system is coded into the carpet.. rub the nap the right way and a script of segmented loops appears that can be rewritten by twisting the fibers, which seem to freely move. it would be very bad to be caught doing this!

we are waiting. one of us is missing. just after a horrid false display designed to demonstrate the progressive ethics and glories of the school.. you can see the wires. as fake as the sky, which seems to echo as much as the halls do.

the way out is your unreality. you must harness it and refine it like any other deadly martial art. it's the one weapon they are defenseless against, and it's the one weapon they will attempt to convince you to disregard. i posted the song but i think it was commonly disregarded since i was just singing it quick.

"..and each warm beating heart

shall from this thrall depart

before they're through

and that is true, and that is true.."

--
now let's say the name again with an 'n' this time...

awaken to mindspawn's monk droning a nasal "nnyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuh" down from the sky, bells like rusty hinges shriek to ordinate the new day.

Message 16/21                 Date: 07-Jun-02  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

Maarten

*speechless*

Message 17/21                 Date: 07-Jun-02  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

xoxos

maarten maarten mo maarten banana fana fo faarten me mi and the rest

Message 18/21                 Date: 07-Jun-02  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

knowa

cool--I've been curious about your stuff. lots of depth, even on shitty computer speakers. It's a weird niche, though, so soundtrackish. I can see how this stuff would work as dramatic openers, esp. for jungle stuff. thanks for giving us a listen.

Message 19/21                 Date: 07-Jun-02  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

Mindspawn

xoxos - you are most remarkable... but I keep my remarks to mesef...=)

knowa - thanks for taking the time to listen.

Peace

Message 20/21                 Date: 09-Jun-02  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Uploaded a couple Mindspawn trax

marianimal

Link?:  No link

I enjoyed. The one thing I didn't quite like was the way that surf-crashing sound became progressively louder over 4 repetitions or so...it seemed a little predictable. But the samples were cool & diverse and I like the sounds & composition.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum