0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: graphic eq on final mix?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 20-May-02  @  12:00 PM   -   graphic eq on final mix?

chroma

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

right...so i was at this party saturday night, i played my cd and all the ladies thought i was wonderful and "very talented" but something about the mix bothered me. the bass and high end were adequate but most of the details which reside in the mid range were buried. f*ck if i knew where to find the eq controls...

anyway would i ruin anything by running it through a graphic eq (soundforge)? just to sort of nudge it to where i want, nothing drastic...

please dont say "mix it again"

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/40                 Date: 20-May-02  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: graphic eq on final mix?

influx

Link?:  Link

hehe.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/40                 Date: 20-May-02  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: graphic eq on final mix?

99devils

Link?: Link

T-Racks. Spend the extra $1k on weed  

-Craig

Message 13/40                 Date: 20-May-02  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: graphic eq on final mix?

k

iheardat!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/40                 Date: 20-May-02  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: graphic eq on final mix?

boo_meister

One time, whiteee!

Look, it's Damballah! He makes IDM and world Beats! Quite possibly electronica, too! Are you a white bwoy, damballah?

You'd be surprised how many places use the finalizer. Then again, you'd probably show up and pick everything they say apart until they smack you in the gob double quick.

;)

Use what ya like, I don't care.

Event monitors. Hmmmmm.

Message 15/40                 Date: 20-May-02  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: graphic eq on final mix?

influx

if someone uses "just" a finalizer and calls themselves a mastering engineer they are just plain full of SHIT

Message 16/40                 Date: 20-May-02  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: graphic eq on final mix?

damballah

"master of mastering"? whatever.

Message 17/40                 Date: 20-May-02  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: graphic eq on final mix?

boo_meister

Who said "just" a finalizer? I know a lot of master engineers definately use a finalizer in conjunction with other gear and by me visiting a mastering house, it would let me in on what else they are really using and doing wouldn't it? Maybe you can fill me in, eh Influx?

And maybe all the other REAL mastering gear is WAY above what I'd want to pay, but I'd definately like to have full control one day. As I've said, this is probably totally unrealistic, but whatever. It's a dream, innit? If this saddens or (or like everything else seems to) maddens you, I'm so, so sorry. Damn man, I hope I don't meet you in real life! Are you as angry and argumentative in real life, or is it just your message board persona? Ya need to chill a little bit or summink.

I'm pretty damn sure that NO mastering engineer is using T-Racks, though.

Maybe I'm wrong though, eh Fluxieeee?

Bottom line is, do what you want and with whatever. If your mix sounds like shit, it'll probably still sound like shit afterwards, albeit a little more chocolatey.

Message 18/40                 Date: 20-May-02  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: graphic eq on final mix?

boo_meister

Master of flat-sounding, 'paint by numbers' 'dub'?

...whatever.

:D

Sorry man, had to listen after ya give me static over just about everything.

Message 19/40                 Date: 21-May-02  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: graphic eq on final mix?

boo_meister

Maybe by saying 'master of mastering' was totally O.T.T, but it wasn't suposed to be taken literally. Maybe it's naive to think that any one box solution is going to work totally, but both those boxes are good starts.

...But you just take pleasure in shooting whatever is said down in flames in an angry adolescent way, so it doesn't really matter, does it?

Message 20/40                 Date: 21-May-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: graphic eq on final mix?

damballah

adolescent quite possibly. but angry? not a bit.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 40 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum